cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Extended Warranty

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 05 Monaco Cayman 36PDQ and going across western AZ and my radiator developed a leak. Right now am at a repair shop in Quartzsite (been here a week and the build time is another week) when Source Eng. builds me a new radiator. The shop had talked to the warranty company servicing agent Strategic Administrators and said this was covered. Now they called back denying the claim. Said it must have been caused by a stuck thermostat and claim denied. I have a call into WW claims help desk. Is this normal for radiator claims to all be denied? There is nothing I could have done to prevent this and just had all serviced two weeks ago at Cummins in Tucson, AZ
Are all warranties a rip-off? My radiator springs a leak and somehow it is my fault.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com
19 REPLIES 19

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have Wholesale Warranties for our 5th wheel. Have made numerous claims with them. Never any problems if following their glidelines. Guess we've been lucky so far
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
This is a duplicate post.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29888829.cfm
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Typically they try to deny all extended warranty claims. Especially the ones that are expensive. Even if it is covered they hope you will just go away and pay it yourself. How can anyone assume that the thermostat just went bad without overheating the engine and giving you some type of overtemp indication.
I once had a thermostat stick shut on a 90 degree day in Florida and it never caused my radiator to leak.
If that thermostat was bad and you kept driving you would loose a head gasket way before it would rupture a radiator with a fan blowing across it.
Most extended warrantys are a waist of money
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
"I have a 05 Monaco Cayman 36PDQ and going across western AZ and my radiator developed a leak. Right now am at a repair shop in Quartzsite (been here a week and the build time is another week) when Source Eng. builds me a new radiator."

Something doesn't sound right. You have a 14 year old diesel pusher. They usually come with a very heavy duty radiator from the factory. Why do you need to "build a new radiator" if all you have is a leak? Usually those can be repaired. Pictures would be helpful.

"Are all warranties a rip-off? My radiator springs a leak and somehow it is my fault."

Having your radiator spring a leak may not be your fault. Not reading the terms and conditions spelled out in your extended warranty? That's definitely your fault. Sorry for your inconvenience. Unexpected road repairs are rarely looked forward to. I hope you get it economically repaired. No, not all wholesale warranties are a rip-off, but, many don't cover what you think they do with a cursory reading. Fine print, asterisks, and footnotes are important!

Chum lee

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
it’s likely on you to prove it was not the thermostat. the repair shop nay be able to provide a wriiten statement to help you. beyond that this is a primo example of why the majority of these insurance policies are useless. sorry for your trouble. good luck.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle