cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on interior floor plans: Winnebago Brave and others

Jackie_Treehorn
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have looked at a number of configurations and our favorite has been the layout of the Winnebago Brave 30W. The 30 since we're both comfortable driving that length(even in a large city) and we want the single dining area slide.

What we really love about the Brave 30W interior is the way the dining booth and jackknife couch are across from each other and the kitchen being sort of it's own area versus part of the living/dining room. Is there some name for this layout that will help us if we're considering other brands- for instance Fleetwood- or is the design exclusive to Winnebago?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a fairly common floorplan for 30 footers of that vintage, with or without a slide. Almost all manufacturers building a 30-32 foot gas A, late '80s to 2006 or so had it. Then slideout counts started become important to buyers, so. floorplans changed to fit 2-3 slides, whether useful added space or not.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Brave and Itasca Sunrise are sister models.

Here are websites for Winnebago and Fleetwood previous year models:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/
http://fleetwoodrv.com/library/archive.asp

I prefer the fiberglass roof on my Itasca. I've had rubber before on Fleetwood.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Jackie_Treehorn
Explorer
Explorer
We have driven the 35 and the 30- our origin point is Santa Monica and I can tell you that the 30 is far more manageable on congested streets than the 35 we drove. I'll give another longer coach a drive to check that, but with our conditions the 30 seems like a better fit.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Havasu.

I use the stuck in the RV for two weeks due to bad weather test. If you were unable to venture outside the RV for two weeks would you rather be stuck in a 30 foot or 36 foot.

Don't let the size restrictions at some campgrounds and RV parks keep you from going larger. There are usually alternative places to stay within the area...private campgrounds or other parks close by.

havasu
Explorer
Explorer
If you get a chance, also take a test drive of a longer version - if you are like me, you may find that there is no difference between 30', 34' and even 36' when driving it, even though on the outside it looks so much bigger.

The extra length can make a huge difference to the 'comfort factor' in day to day use.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if there is a name for the floor plan you are considering.
Try going on different manufacuturer websites. They have their floor plans on the sites. Maybe you can find something that fits your needs.
Also, PPL Motorhomes shows the floor plans on the used units they sell. You could check there and see what is available in units other than Winnebago.
Have fun with your search.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
when comparing winnie and fleetwood. the winnie will have a fiberglass roof. the fleetwood probably will be either rubber or TPO. if somebody is destined to sleep on that jack knife sofa, remember that it probably will be dreadful.
bumpy