cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Re keying an RV

onebiglepercon
Explorer
Explorer
I have been doing a lot of looking into getting my new locks for my rv. I wanted to get rid of those CH751 keys because I have had things stolen in the past and came across an interesting website.

www.rekeymyrv.com - They sell all new locks that are all keyed a like. I ordered 6 baggage door locks and new entry door lock. It was shipped in 2 days and it was so simple. After changing them out I now have only 1 key that opens all my doors and baggage doors. Its a Bauer cut key too! I feel so much safer and secure for only 150 bucks... Just wanted to let my fellow RVers know. Happy camping!

P.S. Plus they have the keyless lock on sale for 119.99 and no shipping!!!
15 REPLIES 15

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
tderonne wrote:
Ductape wrote:
Maybe I'm too much the skeptic, but first post? Recommending a product?

He's doing the same thing on other sites.

Yup, parent company is also from Michigan, just like him. Strange coincidence.
Cheap advertising.
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

infogeek
Explorer
Explorer
Cool!

I have a bunch of buggered up locks from road salt. this would be awesome to replace them all.
Jon

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
tderonne wrote:
Ductape wrote:

Sometimes out of curiosity I run these websites through our web content server. I work for a large bank in risk - specifically AML etc. This site comes up as blocked with a known content filter restriction. So I am not sure if it's a scam site or money laundering site or what but it certainly looks phishy - pardon the pun. I wouldn't click into the site. Just buy locks from a trusted source like your local dealer.
2013 ACE 29.2

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:

Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Ductape wrote:

I hope this is on the level (not selling your own website) in which case welcome to the forum. Definitely some level of demand for this service.

I am not sure I understand the demand for a business in this space. I can go to any RV dealer and order locks keyed the same of various types. My last RV had some of the locks that were getting corroded. I ordered a new set, all keyed the same for about $8 each.

yep, I just rooted thru the dealer's supply looking at numbers stamped on the keys until I got enough of them.
bumpy

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:

I hope this is on the level (not selling your own website) in which case welcome to the forum. Definitely some level of demand for this service.

I am not sure I understand the demand for a business in this space. I can go to any RV dealer and order locks keyed the same of various types. My last RV had some of the locks that were getting corroded. I ordered a new set, all keyed the same for about $8 each.
2013 ACE 29.2

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
I took off all my 751 locking mechanisms and took them down the street to a locksmith. He changed them all for $6 each. I re-installed them and there we have it.

wow. I didn't know those could be rekeyed. Thanks for that tip. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
All mine came from the factory keyed the same. I assumed all new RVs were this way.
2013 ACE 29.2

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I took off all my 751 locking mechanisms and took them down the street to a locksmith. He changed them all for $6 each. I re-installed them and there we have it.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I'll look into this; my trailer has 6 different keys. My Voltage has a front and a rear door - you'd think they would be keyed the same.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer having my door key different from the compartment locks. on the compartments I have the round type of key.
bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to have just one key. My Monaco is like that.

I'm curious where you were when you had stuff stolen.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes