cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear mud flap replacement

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Winnebago Mini 24V (e350) Here. Mud flap on drivers side is gone. Has been since I got it. Other side in tact. I looks like the mudflap got ripped off. Perhaps got stuck under tire. (It was pretty low in the back before I put air bags in) Any recommendations on replacing mud flap - especially mounting it. The old holes are somewhat misshapen. Thank You
3 REPLIES 3

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Both of my mudflaps are missing but the brackets are still there with the bolts. If yours look anything lie mine and the bracket is still good get a three foot piece of 1"X3/3X1/8" piece of weldable steep from big box home stores. Drill mounting holes in line with bracket holes, one piece clearance and one side tapping size, sandwich all four pieces together. 5/16" - 18 cap screws should work fine.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Ken___Barbie
Explorer
Explorer
I used a front door floor mat cut to size.
Ken & Barb

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is whatever Winnebago used to attach the flap, still in place? If it is, this is easy. What I did, was go to Truckstops America and I bought an 18-Wheeler/Trailer Mud Flap. I chose T/A's because their flaps had all square corners, nothing rounded off. 36 high by 24 wide. Then I cut it in exactly half, giving me two new 18x24 flaps. A utility knife, against a straight edge, will cut this material. I was lucky to have a 1/4" leather/gasket punch and made the holes I needed with it.

On ours, the flap AND bracket were missing on one side. I made a new bracket out of punched angle steel available at Home Depot. This steel is probably out 18-gauge. You don't need the heavy punched angle used for shelving, hanging A/C units, etc. The stuff I bought "can" be cut with a good tin snips.

If you need a pic, I'll snap one and get it posted.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB