cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recalls

Peaeye10445321
Explorer
Explorer
How can you tell if the recalls have been done. We are looking at a 2003 Winnebago Brave and I know that there were recalls on the refrigerator and on the brakes on the Workhouse chassis. Is there a specific way that you an tell?
Thanking you in advance
Peaeye
5 REPLIES 5

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go to Safercar.gov and put in your VIN....Dennis

Safer Car
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's a Dometic fridge, the recall can be seen by the presence of additional sheet metal shrouding around the burner tube assembly. If you need to unscrew a panel to get at the gas solenoid (and its little shut-off valve), the recall work has been done.

If it's a Norcold fridge, I don't know the details of how to check. (I only have one fridge, a Dometic, in my RV.)

In any case, you can phone the appropriate company armed with the model/serial or VIN number, as appropriate, and have them look the information up.

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
If you are buying from a private party, ask for maint records. I imagine most dealers don't include those with a sale even if they were provided by the former owner.

Peaeye10445321
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much
Peaeye

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my Workhorse chassis there were yellow stickers placed under the hood for the recalls that were done. You can also go to the Workhorse home page, enter the VIN, and get the info that way.