cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing fuel line, for Onan, 2000, F53

chucl66
Explorer
Explorer
Does the fuel tank need to be dropped, to replace Genset fuel line?
If not, would like information how to do it. If so tips on how to drop tank.
Damon, Intruder, 2000,
Any help would be a lot of help.

Thanks, Chucl
Chuck & Laraine
4 REPLIES 4

chucl66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help!!!
Chuck
Chuck & Laraine

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 99 and did not have to drop tank, Did the same as John Wayne did. Not that hard.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did it on mine you don't have to drop the tank to the ground just low enough to reach the connection. On mine it helped to have shims to hold the tank brackets away from the frame because everytime I jacked the tank up the brackets would slide the keeper holding the nut that the tank bracket bolts went through ( you'll see what I mean when you go to drop it) I also replaced my fuel line with a metal line and used fuel injector rubber fuel hose for the connections.
Have fun good luck did mine using 1 rolling floor jack and one bottle jack.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
Depends....

On my 2000 HR Endeavor I had an access panel in the side of one compartment that when removed allowed access to the area above the fuel tank. This area was part of the overall compartment structure and was made of the same material as my storage bins. In this compartment I found a 12 x 12 hole that had been cut right above the main fuel pump. Through this hole I was able to access the fuel line connection for the generator. Was a tight fit to get in and out but I was successful in replacing the complete line all the way back to the generator.

If you don't have anything like this you will need to drop the tank. That will require draining or removing it prior to refilling. Not a hard task with a couple of floor jacks and a couple of small pieces of plywood on top of the jacks, if the tank is near empty.

The new gas line solved my generator stopping issues I was having with my Onan 5500.

Hope this helps.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad