cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing or reupholstering sofa

nxtchpt
Explorer
Explorer
Because the sleep sofa is has somewhat unique dimensions (67w34 deep) I am wondering what people have done to deal with "tired" looking furniture. Our coach is a 2008 HR...a single owner.

Thanks. Advice or a referral to a company that is reputable would be great.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

mkane
Explorer
Explorer
Removed our Flexsteel hide a bed and installed a Flexsteel couch with 2 recliners.

Fiverwheel
Explorer
Explorer
We had two sofas in our 06 Cayman. We removed the love seat and replaced it with a Lazyboy recliner...perfect!
2006 34' Monaco Cayman

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced the jack knife sofa in our 99 Winnebago Brave. We wanted a true hide a bed. My wife found one on line that fir the existing space perfectly and also went through the 27" door. It is deeper than the jack knife sofa, but we removed the rear legs and the front legs ride on the floor. The Brave has a slide that doesn't drop down to be level with the floor. Much nicer than original and more or less a real bed after adding memory foam.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

arkantex
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't done it yet, but my wife is going to reupholster ours. We have wanted to since we bought the camper. It is in pretty bad shape. So, every time we go to hobby lobby or one of the sewing shops, we would look at the fabric in the clearance section. We ended up finding a bolt of fabric that we liked and there was enough on it to re cover the couch and the back rests on the dinette booth. She is going to use the old covers as paterns. It is going to save us a ton of money considering we only spent about 175 on the fabric and she works for free supposedly!
Me, the wifey, 2 minions (both boys) and a Great Dane named Tiny
2011 f250 Lariat 4 door
2001 KZ sportsman coyote 23c HTT

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
brother in law removed the sofa and took it to an upholstery shop to recover. Looks great! They bought the fabric at a fabric warehouse. The upholsery shop told them how much fabric to purchase.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Almost any local upholstery shop can recover what you have. I built a custom frame for my current coach and had a local upholstery shop make the custom cushions for the sofa. The total price was way less than what RV furniture costs.