cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Stereo

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced Jensen Vr187 with a update, with viewing Screen & Gps ? My stop working.
5 REPLIES 5

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our Jensen double-din in the dash worked for a couple of years. I tried to use the GPS, but found it to be very sub-standard excuse for the intended purpose. We don't listen to the radio or CD on the road as it's nearly impossible to appreciate the music in such a loud environment. Initially, the only real use it saw was as a 5V power supply for my handheld DeLorme PN-60.

About a year into ownership, I installed a pair of dual 1.2A USB ports in the lower dash fascia, so the need for the Jensen disappeared.

Last winter, I attempted to turn it on for some odd reason, and found it was completely dead. All fuses checked out ok, so something decided to quit in the head unit. The Chevy dash is not the easiest thing to open up, so there it sits - yet another example of fine ASA Electronics engineering.

If'n when I decide I want a replacement, it'll certainly be a quality brand.

I use a 5" Garmin on a ram mount at the far left of the dash, which has served me well over the years. Even if the in-dash unit had a good GPS setup, it would still be awkward to use owing to GM's dash design. (As much as I prefer GM over Ford, GM sorely needs to hire some decent UI engineers and have a lot better build quality...)
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll check in to Crutchfield to see what they have. Thanks!

tiogaearl31
Explorer
Explorer
Agree, Crutchfield is the way to go. After two Jensens went out rather quickly, I bought a 2 Din Sony from Crutchfield and never looked back. Better radio and great customer service.

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
I begrudgingly changed out my Jensen "RV Radio" which came stock in my 03 Winnebago Mini 24V. It was a great radio because it had built in weather receiving . Went with a rebuilt radio from Factory Radio. Great company to deal with and a great product.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Not a Jensen replacement, but the infamous Magnadyne. Best place to start is Crutchfield, good products, competitive prices and excellent customer support.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.