cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replcing mirror glass

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1999 Fleetwood pace arrow on the driver side mirror with heat and remote the convex mirror ( bottom ) is broke dose any one know if you can just buy that bottom piece or just the mirror glass ?
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg
3 REPLIES 3

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Your profile doesn't mention where you are, but if you're close to Mexico or travel there, many glass shops down there can make you a new fitted mirror and some can make the convex mirror, all for just a few bucks.

I got two replacement mirrors from a drawing I made at a Mazatlan glass shop for under $12 USD. A taxi driver knew about the place. I did the install of one replacement mirror into the frame myself as the glass shop didn't do that, but it was fairly easy. (The other mirror was a spare, in case I hit another street sign on the freeway again).

The heater element was a sheet of heating wire attached to a sticky sheet that I carefully pealed off the smashed original mirror...it stuck right onto the back of the new mirror no problem. The new mirror I held in with a bead of silicone surrounding it on the edge. Not exactly like the original, but it worked.

No problem with it for several years afterwards either.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Most mirrors have replaceable glass. Take a look at the mirror and determine the manufacturer (such as Velvac) and model number and then contact the manufacturer for replacement parts.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Call Fleetwood, they will give you the manufacturer's name and contact details.

And yes, you can just buy the convex mirror as a separate item.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS