cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

residential refrigerator

a_j_w
Explorer
Explorer
have 2005 country coach inspire looking at installing residential refrigerator anyone done this.
4 REPLIES 4

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You'll only need help getting your old one out and the new one in. I did both thru the emergency exit window in the living room. Below is a link to my install with pictures. PM me if you need advice on a particular item. You don't need to pay the big bucks for someone else to do it for you if you're reasonably handy. I did the change over at a campground and gave the POS Norcold to the maintenance guy....Dennis

Residential Fridge Install
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not just any ole fridge will fit. The are a number that will but you need to know your dimensions that you can work with. Generally that means a counter depth fridge and the current popular style is the French Door. You will need 120V power so will be hooking it up to one of your circuits that is on an inverter. If you have a modified sine wave inverter you will want to ensure the fridge you install will work with that or plan on also updating to a true sine wave inverter.
The residential fridge is an excellent choice and I have been using a 20cf GE Profile side by side (ice and water through the door) in my coach since 1999. I also full time and I have never had to defrost it even once in all of that time and the danger of an RV fridge fire is simply non-existent.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Many have done it. I replaced our Norcold in our previous DP with a residential and we loved it. When we were shopping for a replacement coach, a residential fridge was a must have. Our Allure has a side by side residential.

Not sure how close you live to Junction City, OR but Kevin Waite and Bob Vinson in Junction City have done a number of fridge swaps. I am sure you can get it done at most any of the popular service shops in that area including County Coach, Premier, Oregon Motor Coach and K&M RV Repair (owned by Kevin Waite).
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

horton333
Explorer
Explorer
There are several posters here who have done this.
This is the only thread I can find with limited time to do a search of the past threads - but there are links included to earlier threads also.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28166710.cfm
The measured current consumption appears to be of the same order as those electronic coolers people buy for their cars, it is not as hard as it may first sound.

Ford Explorer or Chrysler 300C to tow with.
Tracer Air 238 to be towed.
Triumph Thunderbird Sport - with the toy-hauler gone it's at home.
Retired very early and loving it.