cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential Refrigerators 63 inch high

NOVICETRAVELERS
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 35U & need to replace norcold refrig but are unable to find a domestic refrig no more than 63"x32x24. The roof line curves down on the outside wall thus the short height & does not slide out in that location leaving only 26" maximum to open door into hall. We have googled everything & can only find apartment size refrig to fit in space leaving huge gap. Anyone know of 1 that would fit these dimensions?

❚ Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★"?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to posting issues with Open Roads Forum sites, member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, select the Sub-Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT
5 REPLIES 5

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine in my 03 Itasca Sunova 30B. I put in one that was bigger that the factory one. It was about 1/2 inch wider and must have been 8 inches taller or more. I just took out the drawer that was under the old one and built a platform with plywood to support it. Then I took a jigsaw and carefully cut 1/2 inch off the side of the opening. I removed the old side vent and replaced it with a hatch for a boat so it was sealed. I screwed the fridge down using that hole to access the back side of the fridge. I also added one angle bracket at the top of the fridge using self tapping screws. That was the scary part. I was worried about hitting wiring of a refrigerant line but it worked out great. Voided my warrant I'd guess. We lost one drawer but doubled the fridge. I vent mine from under the platform and out a wood looking floor vent out the top. The vent came from Home Depot. We don't miss the drawer and the Ice Cream is frozen! Home Depot also sells some pre-finished trim that you may find matches your RV. Look in with the paneling and also in flooring. I used the 110 outlet that was there for the old fridge with no issues. Just start cutting 😉

PS: Sealed the roof vent with great stuff foam.

samert
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced our Dometic RM 7732 side by side with an Insignia NS-RTM10BK8 9.9 cubic foot model. The Dometic measured 32" wide by 59" tall and 23" deep and the Insignia measures 24" wide by 59" tall and 24" deep including doors.

The Dometic was flush to the cabinet and I installed the Insignia box flush also but the doors stick out about 2 1/2" but that's fine because there is a pocket door next to the fridge that sticks out the same. The wife is happy because she gained another 8" wide closet next to the new fridge for her broom and and the Dyson stick vacuum hangs off the back wall. my limiting dimension was the height because I have the power distribution center below my fridge and I couldn't make the opening taller.

The new unit is smaller dimensionally but it's about 2 CF larger inside so unless you have room to open the width on the hole you probably will not find anything to fit exactly so don't rule out the smaller apartment size refers.
Steve & Judy
1996 American Tradition
Spartan IC 2242 Chassis
C8.3L Cummins w/Banks Stinger, Allison MD3060
Doran 360RV TPMS, Progressive HW50C EMS.
Koni shocks, Safe-T-Plus
2001 Jeep Wrangler toad
ReadyBrute tow bar w/ReadyBrake

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
NOVICETRAVELERS wrote:
We have a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 35U & need to replace norcold refrig but are unable to find a domestic refrig no more than 63"x32x24. The roof line curves down on the outside wall thus the short height & does not slide out in that location leaving only 26" maximum to open door into hall. We have googled everything & can only find apartment size refrig to fit in space leaving huge gap. Anyone know of 1 that would fit these dimensions?

? Did you see the "Announcement : ??READ BEFORE POSTING HERE??"?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to posting issues with Open Roads Forum sites, member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, select the Sub-Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

New member for less than two months. I think the admin/moderator could have given this information through a PM without all the highlights.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You can go on Home Depot's website and get all the dimensions.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Almost all will be deeper then 24" and not many that tall.

Search at Home depot, Lowe's etc. they give you a choice of size in measurements.

You will never find one that will fit without some fill in.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am