cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road service Insurance

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used AAA RV road service on a class A or super c motorhome ? I would like to know if you had any problems with their service. I also need to know if they will come and fix a flat tire etc. We are looking to but road side insurance for our motorhome and we are not sure what is best for the money .

Thank You for your input.
5 REPLIES 5

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say anything about AAA but we've had Good Sam since we started RVing about 5 years ago. Since we have an old (1990 Winnebago Warrior) motor home we figured having good roadside assistance was essential. They have saved us lots of money. Even when the policy doesn't pay for a service, they are still extremely helpful.

For example, our heater core blew as soon as we pulled into Disney's Fort Wilderness. I called Good Sam and even though the failure was of course not covered by the plan they were able to put me in contact with a mobile repair service that came out and ran a bypass on the heater core so we could get home.

I had the fuel pump solenoids blow and later the fuel pump itself and both times required a tow to a repair facility. One tow can pay for the cost of the insurance.

Good Sam has been fantastic for us and I will continue to use them.

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your input I will check out Good Sam and drop AAA insurance.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be careful with AAA. They are regional franchises, and not all offer RV coverage. Even if you have the AAA coverage from your home region, if you have a problem in a region that doesn't offer coverage, you don't have coverage.

Coachnet for me.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
Dropped AAA over ten years ago and have had Good Sam ever since. Five calls great service with Good Sam.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I once had AAA RV plus. I had a bad year in my motorhome at the time and required 2 tows. First one was through NYC over the GWB cost was over $400.00 to them. I then had a blowout near an exit of 81 in Scranton PA. The motorhome had to be towed off 81 for safety of the people doing the work to change the tire. Cost about $250.00.
They refused to renew my membership the next year.
I am with Good Sam and so far they have done well by me.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!