Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Toad 4 down or car on trailer? Need advice

I am lurking at taking a toad on my next trip, I have a scooter but it is not allways the best way to go around. I am looking at a Suzuki X90 automatique and from what I have read I can pull it 4 down or I could use a trailer, full 4 wheel trailer wi...

Kidoo by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find RV tires!

I have an 86 Chevy Van 30 Crossman Class C Motorhome That I can't find tires for. It has 8.00 R 16.5 tires on it. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can get these tires, or if there is any other tires that would work?Thank you!

Ranking Manufacturers

This is just an opinion poll. Simply looking for your opinion. Not looking for you to tell me what is best for me. This is a time for your opinion to shine.If you were to rate the top 5 or 10 manufacturers of Gas motorhomes under $200k, what would...

AC Low Voltage Protection.

I had read a while back about AC's having built-in protection from low voltage by having a switch that cut off the AC before damage occurs. Does anyone know more details than this, and where it is located and what does this switch look like.

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Patching fibreglass siding?

I'm sure I'm not the first and probably not the last but today I backed into a mailbox. Didn't hurt the mailbox much but I did some damage to the back of my older fibreglass RV. Now I have about a 4"x6" section to repair. Any suggestions on how to g...

Wijames by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber Roofs

I hear folks badmouthing rubber roofs for MH on this forum. Why what do they do bad. What should I look for? Had a MH years ago and I think the roof was made out of sheets of aluminum with rivets as I remember. Leaked like crazy. Always putting goop ...

how cold

how low past 32 can it get before the water lines under the van go before they would freeze. would like 27 at night and back up two 45 in the day be ok. have a 2000 lesure travel

Air conditioner question?

My RV has two air units on the roof. One is a standard RV unit with the controls and vents on the inside at the air conditioner. The other has the controls on the wall like my home unit with ceiling vents in various places. Are the two units basicall...

Wijames by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Selling RV @ PPL (consignment)

We are seriously thinking of taking our '07 Phaeton to PPL to see what they can get for it. My health outlook is not very good at this juncture which mandates that we sell the coach as soon as possible. I hate the drive (901 miles) down there because...

Remote control 12V switch

I posted something similar a while back looking for a solution to remotely control my macerator. My 29.2 has a macerator and as we all know the gray fills quicker which means every other day I have to run outside and run the macerator to drain it. On...

Effy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Pantry

Let's see if I can link photos correctly from Google Plus...Our 21' Class C immediately came under criticism from DW for a lack of a pantry. We don't have any plans to use the wardrobe, so one side was converted into a pantry:Measured and built a fr...