cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Current Class C rv owner, looking to upgrade to a Class A

chrisinpink
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2002 Holiday Rambler 36DBD Admiral SE. There are only 12,000 miles on it and it has 2 slides. There is some water damage (soft spot) on the floor near the rear shower. Looks like the skylight over shower was patched multiple times. Dealer is taking up the flooring and letting me know what the repairs will cost if he does them. If he fixes the floor and makes sure the roof doesn't leak should I be ok with purchasing it. Everything else seems to be in good shape. Any concerns I should have? Anything advice? I am unfamiliar with this brand, but I do know water damage is not good. I am not sure if a fix is good enough. Thoughts?
Thank You.
2 REPLIES 2

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
http://roamsweetroam.com/buying-a-used-rv/

Run. There are tons of RV's out there that have never leaked, why take the chance?
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

RedJeep
Explorer
Explorer
I would consider 12k miles to be a red flag. RVs that just sit for a long time can have problems. Seals dry up. Bearings aren't happy. Etc.

But, I would imagine that you're getting it at a good price. Check everything out very thoroughly. Drive it for a hundred miles or so. Test everything.

Good luck!
2008 Georgetown DS350 Class A
Wife, kids, dog and cat