cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Mount Satellite Dish for My Seneca

salywayn
Explorer
Explorer
we own a 2007 Seneca and were told when we purchased it that it was pre-wired for a roof-mounted satellite dish. I can not see any indication of it on the roof and there is nothing in the owners manual that discusses the location. Can anyone help me with finding the location of the wiring on the roof? Did the salesman feed me a line?
7 REPLIES 7

salywayn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info! I'll contact Jayco on Monday.

Seneca
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Seneca 36fs. Mine was pre-wired and the cable was accessed by removing the light fixture from the bedroom roof and fishing the cable out of the hole that the wires go in. Jayco sent me a wiring diagram and it was just as shown. Hope that helps.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a manual sat dish on my 2007 Seneca. I got the dimensions direct from Jayco by sending them an email with my serial #. Also request a wiring schematic for the A/V wiring. It will help make sense of their tape and wire color codes.
IIRC there was only 1 coax wire in the location and I had to run a power wire also. It was no big deal as it was easy to get access to the preformed notches in the roof insulation by removing the frame around the fan.
Overall a very easy install.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Winegard Model RM-DM46 crank up antenna on our Minnie roof back in 2010. The roof was pre-wired and the antenna cost about $330. Works like a charm and so much easier to set up and aim than the portable antenna we had before. Since it is an 18 inch round dish, we only get standard definition channels, but we don't travel to watch a lot of TV anyway. There have been a few campsites where the satellite was blocked by trees, but that has been the rare exception.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
A used RV salesman that lied? I'm shocked!
If it was a factory install, there would certainly be information in the owner's manual as well as a hole in the roof with an access cover. After all, it would be a plus for sales. I'd take it back and ask the salesman to find both ends of the wiring for you. Bet he can't do it.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
While it may be prewired for satellite. Usually there will be a sticker indicating where the wires are. there is no way in heck I would suggest or recommend one right now. After three years I have a 2200 dollar boat anchor sitting on my trailers roof. It was sent back for repairs to the tune of over 500 dollars, and so far it is still dead, Tech support is not a lot of help, but one person so far is willing to work with me and just not read a script. Hopefully he will be able to resolve the problems and get it working. But three years and it is dead is not a great track record. For a lot less money i would suggest you buy a dish and all the associated equipment and carry that with you. My ground dish only cost about $150 dollars plus a refurbished Birdog at another $175 dollars and I can find a signal in a matter of minutes. Besides I have found that a rooftop antenna is practically useless unless you are in the wide open.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Your best source of info on this question is the manufacturer of your RV. With the model/serial # they should be able to provide answers applicable to your specific unit.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂