cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route Plan

Mark2005
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a suggestion for "best route" for travel from Salt Lake City to Monument Valley

Thanks in advance as you guys are the BEST!!

Mark
3 REPLIES 3

Mark2005
Explorer
Explorer
thanks all took 191/163 and as some had suggested was fine

Thanks again!!!

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Mark, last time that I went to Monument Valley I took the scenic route I-15 South to Spanish Fork, then onto Hwy.#6 to Price, then Hwy. #191 to Moab. Then I followed Hwy.#191 from Moab, South thru Monticello, Blanding and Bluff. At Bluff I turned onto Hwy.#163 down thru Mexican Hat into Monument Valley. Mark, when going thru Bluff, I highly recommend stopping off at Navajo Twin Rocks Cafe and ordering the Buffalo Stew with Indian Fry Bread!

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are a few ways to get to Monument Valley depending on what you want to see.

You could take Hwy 6/191 out of Provo to I-70 and 24/95 to Blanding, Utah, then 191 south to 163 to Monument.

You could also take Hwy 6/191 to I-70 to 191 south through Moab/Arches Nat'l Park & Canyonland N.P. to Blanding to 163 and Monument.

Another way is I-15 south from Salt Lake to 28 from Nephi to 24 and take in Capitol Reef Nat'l Park to 95 south to Blanding and 191/163 to Monument.

We've done all of them and they're all good for RVs. Have a good trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel