cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Consignment Advice

mericson
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering selling my low-mileage 2001 Monaco Diplomat under consigment. I'm the original owner, bought it new, and I've never sold an RV before so I was hoping forum members might offer some advice.

What should I expect from a fair / reputible consigment dealer?

What bad practices are out there that I should avoid?

What are typical costs (fees? commission?) for RV consignment?

Any advice and recommendations are most welcome!
Ericson Family
2001 Monaco Diplomat
toad
5 REPLIES 5

sharibartling
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding a post answer: a reply by member Randallb. You suggest to the post (Person) to contact LD (?) In regard to selling thier RV, will you please prov more info? You can pm me if you wish. Thanks

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
When we consigned our Monaco Dynasty last summer, we had to buy a 'rider' to add to our regular policy. As I recall, it was $1,500 for six months on consignment and we received a refund as it sold in 90 days for the un-used part.

The consignment store will need to give their proof of insurance too. Our fee was 8% of the sale price of which I thought was very fair with the advertising and coach detail that they performed.

They also required that we leave the coach with a full tank of fuel.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
Call LD in Seffner and see what they will offer you for it. I called them on our 08 HR 2 + years ago and was pleasantly surprised with the offer. They were having one of their shows and wanted the lot full. I e-mailed them a few pictures, did the deal over the phone and then drove it down from East TN. I arrived a day earlier than planned but they still had a check for me in 30 minutes.
Randy

emorris548
Explorer
Explorer
Number 1: Insurance. Call your agent: will it be covered at the consignment lot and will it be covered when people test drive it? What insurance does the Consignment Lot have, will you be covered while on their lot and during test drivers.

I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions. This was from my personal experience when a customer at the consignment lot backed into the front of my parked rig.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure your insurance will cover any losses while the coach is signed over for consignment. Some companies will not cover an rv while on the lot.