cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Recalls on the upswing...

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Thought this might interest some people. I'm kinda happy it only goes back to 2010. What I don't know won't hurt me...or so I've been told.

RV Recalls...
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.
6 REPLIES 6

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
so much for recalls I have a 2008 ABDP and the wiper arm broke.So I ordered a new one and then my buddy calls one day and says both his broke off while driving down the road when raining?these situations were both over 2 years ago
Received a fed ex package 2 days ago and its two new wiper arms sent under a TIFFIN recall lol

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Just proves to me anyone can get published. Recalls are generally never related to quality, they are related to errors in engineering or design.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Not surprising. Craftsmanship and quality built RVs of any type in the U.S. are a thing of the past.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder how the increase in recalls relates to the increase in sales for the same period? RV's are selling in record numbers as the industry continues to recover.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Recalls by the NHTSA ONLY involve safety issues that can cause death or injury so more is not better.
Other issues like roof leaks or other items that don't work are not covered by recalls.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
well there are statistics, then there are meaningful statistics. didn't delve into that link but pure numbers don't mean much to me.
could be worse product or better firm policies.
bumpy