Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVs are High!!! The Conclusion!!

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
All,

A month or so ago I posted a thread on suggestions about being able to utilize my RV garage for a class A. (thread here) The ceiling has a low portion of 11' 7", and the door opening goes 12'. In the far end, the width changes to 9' 6". Most RVs, especially newer models, have the A/C on the roof, making their max height well over 12' 5", and some to 13'. The pre 2009 Winnebagos and others had residential air in the basements, which made their max height 11' 6" to the "highest standard feature". Through the 8 pages of the thread, I recieved a lot of thoughts and suggestions. Thanks to everybody, I appreciate it.

After measuring and checking and measuring and checking, our first pick to begin with, a Winnebago Journey. We finally bit the bullet and bought one (luckely without the satellite dome)drove it back to Colorado and after about 30 minutes of work, got it to fit in the garage.....Talk about a stressful exercise!!

I have a finger width of room between the side view camera and the wall on the passenger side and a finger width of room between the drivers mirro and wall on the opposite side. I am going to notch out my drywall to give me another 3/4" of clearance for the camera to allow for the coach tipping on the airbags if it does.

Here are some shots:

Jeff
Retired AF, retired contractor, really retired!
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H 350hp Cat
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad with Air Force One
85 REPLIES 85

Daboo
Explorer
Explorer
do you have a trap door in the floor so you can get out ๐Ÿ™‚
Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures are worth a thousand words! Although you stated the garage was part of the house in you previous thread, I think most responders were thinking a separate RV garage, and responded with that line of thinking. To bad you had not posted pics in your previous thread showing the height and width of the garage, and most importantly the fact that it was attached to your home!!!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

MewshawManor
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!!! Don't sneeze when backing out.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Spizzer, you are one brave man! That garage space is so tight! But, it fits and I know you will be careful as you have no margin for error.

Take care,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
With that finger width of room my question is "How do you get in or out of the MH when it is in the garage"? I am a lot wider than a finger myself. Is your wife bringing food to you regularly?
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Uma___Papa
Explorer
Explorer
How did you get out????? Holy Cow!:E

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
You'll be fine as long as you don't air up the tires again before trying to pull out...:B
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
It's going to be a matter of time....LOL
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer