cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Safe-T-Plus

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering installing a Safe-T-Plus steering assist on my MH. Before investing in one, thought I'd check the forum for opinions. Good, bad, experiences? THANKS
11 REPLIES 11

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Reading this website costs me money.

ficodek
Explorer
Explorer
I just had one installed this week on my 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 38K. It gives the steering more of an "automotive" feel, with less feeling of free play and fewer small steering corrections needed. I don't feel potholes or pavement breaks through the wheel nearly as much as before.

It does reduce the push from passing trucks, but doesn't eliminate it. Correcting from the push is definitely easier.

Overall, I notice the difference and I like it!
David & Family
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
2013 Ford Flex Toad
Roadmaster Sterling AT + Invisibrake

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mine drives perfect. I installed a Blue Ox TruCenter just to help in case of a front tire blow out. If it helps with the steering at all it's a plus. I also like it because you can adjust it on the fly for road crown or windy conditions.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering one as well, but....I've been advised by many people with RVs and through reading posts on here to have the front end aligned and the castor adjusted properly BEFORE spending the money on a steering stabilizer. So, I have an appointment with a big truck shop to do just that and then we'll see if I actually need anything else to make it better. It's not bad now, but perhaps a little loose for my liking.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
It is worth it for the fatigue it prevents. Really helps with 'weather helm'.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

Hook
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished a 12,000mi. trip with the T-plus over some very bad frost heave and track rutted roads. Down the Alcan to many western states and back up the Cassier to home on the Kenai. The T-plus worked very well.

Installed myself, got lucky and did not have to make any correction adjustments, tracked straight the first time. I like it....

Hook
Chevy 2500 4x4 CC D-Max/Allison
Summerwind 806
Winnebago 2014 30T
"Kik-n-but" 23' modified Atec, twin Yamaha 60's,
Hewes 20' Kenai River Special 50hp Yamaha,
Polaris RZR
27' Bayweld Offshore Boat, 300 HP,the "Bernie C"

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the Safe-T-Plus in 1992 on my 1991 Winnebago. Improved handling and still works as new all these years later!

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
I've used ST

I've used STEER SAFE for 4 years. Best money I've spent.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
I've used ST

I've used STEER SAFE for 4 years. Best money I've spent.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent Investment in your comfort and safety!!
It helps maintain directional control and reduces steering wheel fatigue.
BUT of more importance is the assist it provides if you have a sudden loss of a front tire!! On a freeway in Houston, going with the traffic at about 50 MPH, the small car in front of me made an abrupt swerve - to avoid a 4 in x 20 inch piece of 'L' steel laying in the road. Of course, I simply could not swerve enough to miss it. That piece of steel punctured the right front tire for a blowout, went up under the fender and took out some wiring and then hit the step and bent it about an inch. I was able to maintain steering control and move to the right shoulder to wait for assistance to put on the spare tire.
YES - do it (FOR SURE!!)
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!

bettye
Explorer
Explorer
We installed one on our 2001 gasser, 35' class A, when we bought new in 2002. Love it. Keeps front wheels pointing forward, aids when getting passed by semis. Supposedly helps if you have a front tire blow-out. Haven't experienced that - hope not to.
Betty & Jim
2004 Allegro Bay 34XB