cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saving Gas! What did you Do?

THE-RV-MAN
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my spark plugs with E3's and wow what a difference. Even tho my Motorhome has only 53,000 on it. It runs so smooth now and I can see the change in gas mileage. What a difference. Spark plugs cost me around 6 or 7 bucks each but well worth it.
Full Timer....And loving it!!

2003 King Of The Road 5th Wheeler

27 REPLIES 27

I live in NC but visit SC almost every week. Fuel in SC is around $.30--$.40 a gal cheaper there than here. Sat I put 52 gal in the DP at $.33 a gal less than here and saved $17.16. I also bought 25 gal of gas at $.30 a gal less than here and saved $7.50. So this week I saved $24.66. But when on the road other than Gas Buddy you just have to pay if you want to go. I never check fuel mileage--scared to!

dougsee3
Explorer
Explorer
In a test I read a few years ago these so called designer plugs do work (slightly more power) in testing when new. But after a thousand miles on a retest they did not show any improvement in power and or possible MPG improvement. They do some how wear enough that after a 1000 miles on the designer plug, they could not find a measurable difference between a 1000 miles on a regular new plug and these designer plugs.
In the test they tested several including spiltfire and and I think or pretty sure the E3 was there also.

The article did convince me and imply that it was a waste of money to pay more for the designer plugs for my vehicle usage. This article and testing was done buy Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine?
2008 Pace Arrow 33V
8.1 Workhorse
Acme Eze-Tow Dolly

Calgary Alberta

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
I wrap my head in foil.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
J-Rooster wrote:
Dog Folks & K Charles, an outstanding effort it's nice to get a chuckle on RV.Net from time to time!

Glad to give you a chuckle, but I was serious!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gas Buddy app is a plus. Other brand unique apps are more accurate/up to date. We also get 5% cash back on our PenFed CC.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I pull a toad. I get two vehicles from A to B by using roughly the same amount of fuel. Obviously this doubles my fuel mileage. Do the math.

14.2 mpg by my calculations. I'm thinking of pulling two toads so I should get about 21.3 mpg.

Can't get much better than that!!!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry about it, just go!!!

mena661
Explorer
Explorer

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a vintage JC Whitney catalog from the 50's and if I could still get a lot of their products, I'm sure that I would actually be saving more gas then I am using. I'd probably have to drain the tank at the end of the day.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get within 6" of a semi and draft

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
I keep a syphon handy when low on gas:W

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks & K Charles, an outstanding effort it's nice to get a chuckle on RV.Net from time to time!

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
I have E3's in my motorcycles and they do start with a lot less effort. I have not put them in any 2 strokes yet but a couple of guys I know have put them in their chainsaws and commented that they start and run a lot better.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I remember similar claims about another spark plug called the split fire. This was several years ago. They are still sold, but I haven't heard many positive testimonials for quite some time. I understand that the Federal Trade Commission is also investigating them.