cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

security camera's for rv

richard_123
Explorer
Explorer
anyone have experience with using security camera's on motor-home. What brands hold up best?
3 REPLIES 3

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
This is not a specific answer to your question, but rather my concern and my action:
From my perspective, a camera can only record what is happening and perhaps provide some insight as to the perps. I think it is a better idea to let the perps KNOW you have security and that they should find an easier target. To that end I purchased and installed an alarm system 12V Alarm system (http://cabinalarm.com/index.html) that is 12V, has no power drain unless activated, and with two sirens (using the very loudest available) if anyone opens any compartment door or access door, it will go off!!
The control box is hidden and the wiring embeded with all of the other wires under the coach. Yes, I forgot one time when I opened a compartment without turning it off and you should have seen the looks from the folks at the storage lot!! I think they may have heard it at the Cop Shop two blocks away!! Just another thought for consideration.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Svat 4 High-Resolution Outdoor Night Vision Security Cameras is what I have. I received it as a gift. I made brackets that attached on my slide awning bracket so no extra holes. The picture is good for these. I pointed them so they overlap and can see to the front and rear on both sides. They stay pointed even when traveling. I'll try to post pictures.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

JustinJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Dome Camera is the best for your motor homes. As a look brand it depends on our budget.