cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

settled on a specific "wish list"--is it out there?

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
So after doing LOTS of online looking and giving a lot of thought to my intended use of a motorhome, I've settled on the following wish list:

*B+ with storage but no overhead bunk (will settle for a C with no front window and one-piece design like some Born Free models have

*24' or under (25 is pushing it)

*rear corner bed

*fold out sofa

*either a dinette or second fold out sofa across from the first one

*under $30K

*under 75K miles

*Chevy chassis

*no slide

*within a 10-12 hr drive of my home near Nashville

I realize these other items probably mean a wet bath but I am OK with that.

Does such a thing exist?

I found a unit from a private seller with all these criteria (except it's a Ford), but unfortunately I don't have my cash account quite there yet, will need another year.

My sister's husband is in very bad health and I'm hoping that she will travel with me some if anything happens to him. She would be happier with 2 sleeping areas. And if my adult children travel with me, they could have the corner bed, I would take the sofa, and grandkids could have the other sofa or dinette or floor. (They are pretty small right now.)
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board
23 REPLIES 23

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
Is it possible to NOT have leak problems with a cabover window?

Not only is it possible, but any leak is more likely to be caused by hairline cracks around the cabover marker lights. I bought my 'C' new and during the walk through, they pointed out that the cabover marker lights are factory installed with power screwdrivers. If they over tighten, it creates hairline cracks which are covered up by the molding around the lights. Mine was OK, but I'm glad they checked. No leaks in over 30,000 miles. Ask them to check during the walk through.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it possible to NOT have leak problems with a cabover window?
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
tarnold wrote:
Look at a Chinook

Chinooks are on my short list, for sure.

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have really limited yourself by only wanting a Chev chassis. not sure of the facts but I think over 75% of class Bs & Cs are built on the Ford E-350 & E450 chassis. Check out Winnebago Class C 24V Minnie, Outlook & Chalet or its twin the Itasca Spirit. It gives you a corner bed, either a couch or dinette and over the cab bunk all under 25'. You can go on line at www.winnebagoind.com and under resources look at previous year model brochures & specs. The 24Vs have a small bathroom and separate shower. Dick

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
i know how to get you all you want in just 22' and likely just $20k, but the corner bed needs to be over the cab. there are many 2000-2005 class Cs w/ my B+ floorplan. no wet bath.

maybe some fleetwoods, gulf streams or born frees (tho BFs used fords, mostly)

2002 jamboree
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Look at a Chinook

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
In a smaller MH, that rear corner bed, takes up a lot of the limited floor space, although there are plenty of Cs out there with the corner bed and a sofa (or dinette) opposite the kitchen area, along with the cabover bed. I had a 22' class C with that floor plan. Another popular floor plan was the rear kitchen, in place of the corner bed, with a dinette opposite a jack knife couch, along with the cabover bed. I had that floorplan in a 24' class C and preferred that to the corner bed.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mich F wrote:
From your wish list, I think it would be difficult finding a MH under 25' with a corner bed and a dinette or sofa across from another sofa. There just isn't enough floor space. You need floorspace for the frig, sink, stove top and whatnot.

I think you are right. The closest thing I've seen is a corner bed + sofa with the kitchen area across from the sofa, and no dinette.

But if I went to a real class C as opposed to B+ then there would be an overhead bunk. Might work.

Or I could just get a Roadtrek and make everyone else sleep in the tent, LOL.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
From your wish list, I think it would be difficult finding a MH under 25' with a corner bed and a dinette or sofa across from another sofa. There just isn't enough floor space. You need floorspace for the frig, sink, stove top and whatnot.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect