cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide accident - alignment issues.

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
Recently we put the slide out not realizing that there was an obstruction (a broom) between the wall and the slide. :S

Now the slide seems to be out of alignment. On the side opposite the broom, the gap between the slide and the frame is too narrow, so the seal keeps coming off whenever we bring the slide in or out.

Are there, as far as anyone knows, ways to adjust or align the slide?

THANKS!!!!
11 REPLIES 11

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:

Anyway, the op who had a Class C, got the point of my post.

I did indeed. Too much clicking - not enough reading.

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
It was Leisure Travel that put the slide on the Sprinter. They stopped because they stopped making B's... and now only make small C's.

Winnebago copied and continue to produce them on one of the Era models.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't last long, too much weight. Rt made one that slid out the back, had a similar result as the GreatWest. I don't know how many they made but not many.
I forget who it was, but someone had a slide on a Sprinter Van. It was a model with doors on both sides, and the slide went in, in place of the driver side door. I don't think many of those were made either. I doubt the room was worth the weight. 😉
Anyway, the op who had a Class C, got the point of my post.

Neverhappy
Explorer
Explorer
Great West Vans made a Classic Supreme on a Class B Dodge van with a slide out !
Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
chloe's ranch wrote:
Really? No class B with slides??
Actually, I have seen a B-plus with a slide. But no straight-up vans.

chloe_s_ranch
Explorer
Explorer
Really? No class B with slides??

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:
Do you know that this is the Class B forum? No one with slides here.

Well, I know it Now😮

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know that this is the Class B forum? No one with slides here.

deprived
Explorer
Explorer

I'm hoping these photos can help someone else.

My first step was to have a look under the slide and see what options I have for adjustment. Surprisingly, they were pretty easy to spot. More surprisingly, the nuts for the lateral adjustment were SUPER easy to loosen up.

The only other adjustment for the slide that I'm aware of (at this point) has something to do with making sure that the slide is true to the RV wall itself. I think this adjustment has to do with the teeth and gears, which sounds pretty involved. I'm still looking for a shop manual for my setup. Lippert's website was kind of a bust. 😞

Keeping you posted.

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:

Been there done that with a book and the edge of the lounge chair and the cabinet draws left loose.

YIKES. I guess I got off light.

I'm very much a DIY kind of person, so I'm going to see if I can wrangle this myself.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
deprived wrote:
Recently we put the slide out not realizing that there was an obstruction (a broom) between the wall and the slide. :S

Now the slide seems to be out of alignment. On the side opposite the broom, the gap between the slide and the frame is too narrow, so the seal keeps coming off whenever we bring the slide in or out.

Are there, as far as anyone knows, ways to adjust or align the slide?

THANKS!!!!

Been there done that with a book and the edge of the lounge chair and the cabinet draws left loose. Just take it into your RV shop where they will lift the pressure off the slide and then re-adjust the slide gears. Your broom just knocked the gears from their correct position. Lesson learned---Just before putting in the slides, my girlfriend and I both check that all is clear to bring the slide. I use a bungee cord to hold the kitchen cabinet drawers from sliding out when traveling down the road.