cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finding Out Value Of RV?

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
What web site can I find out the value of our RV?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

gonesouth
Explorer
Explorer
The NADA values are a percentage of the MSRP, based on a fixed depreciation schedule. So you can figure out NADA values for your rig from new until the year ought. But since theyaren't calculated from the selling vaues at auction, like used cars, the NADA value can differ substantially from reality.
For example, optional items don't usually figure into selling prices, unless its a really popular option....in other words options on a used motorhome are usually free. Rare options may cost you something, but if everybody selling has whatever it is, only a few sellers will set their price to allow for the option.
OTOH, issues like the closing of a manufacturer can affect the buying price, but won't affect NADA, so it opens up a difference in pricing. Fashion changes will do the same thing so unpopular colors or floor plans can revise the price downwards without affecting NADA values.
Currently planning for retirement.....planning to build a small home in Nova Scotia for summers and someday year-round. Trying to sort out a good way to spend winters in central Florida as I can't drive anymore.

Joatha
Explorer
Explorer
NADA isn't all that accurate IMO - maybe moreso for some of the larger volume manufacturers. But, you are really rolling the dice on just how accurate the estimate may be for a particular motorhome.
2001 Bluebird Wanderlodge LX ME

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
From the link above, NADA low retail (what everyone uses) is $158,550 for a 2013 Phaeton 36GH.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Libraries carry the NADA RV books which give you a little more information than what's online. There you can find trade-in value which is helpful to know when negotiating.
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
MaverickBBD wrote:
But remember it is only worth that much if you can find someone to give you that much.

In last 2 years I sold 2 diesel pickups with the best 7.3l engines.
In both cases took me over a year to get 55% of BB and NADA value.
ebay allows for "sold" search what is probably the best indication what price you can get if you are in hurry.

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
But remember it is only worth that much if you can find someone to give you that much.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at PPL Motorhome in Houston, TX. They show the prices actually paid for RV's sold and usually pretty accurate pricing for unit that are looking for buyers. It's just another tool but as mentioned above, it's worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what NADA says
NADA
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
You can also google your year and model and find what they are being listed for nationally, with the understanding that the asking price will typically be higher than the actual selling price. But at least you can get an idea of the range of prices.

NADA prices seem a little high to me.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Craigslist, rvtrader, nada would be the main ones. Of course, actual value is what someone will pay for it.