cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out motor

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Slide out motors Power Gear housing cracked needs replacing. What's the difference between these they all look the same except for the price.
15 REPLIES 15

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
SamplePage 1 of 4
Helpful hints to identify the Slide Out Motor Assembly:
Rev: Apr-11
1. The Boot (Not sold separately) covers the brake assembly. Boots have different
colors such as red, white, black, orange and gray. Usually the boot color
indicates the torque rating of the motor assembly. Gray (low torque), Black (high
torque to ultra torque) and White (ultra torque). This is a visual help when
identifying a motor assembly and does not guarantee the torque rating.
2. The Brake Lever (Not sold separately) is under the boot on the end of the
motor assembly and is proprietary to Power Gear only. This should be in the
engaged position (see label on motor housing) when operating the motor
assembly.
3. The Motor Housing (Not sold separately) holds the labels for identification of
the brake lever (engaged or released) and the Power Gear part number label
(p/n= part number) and the base motor label located on the opposite side of the
Power Gear part number label. The circumference of the housing can vary from
diameters such as 2 ยฝโ€ to 3โ€ and larger; however the larger diameter does not
indicate higher torque.
Boot
label location step 6
Motor Housing and
Gear box and
label location
step 6
Output Shaft
Brake

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Google Helpful hints on Power Gear Motors thiers a PDF file you can download

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
pg-82-S0508-for-web-REV-0C.pdf

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Please post websites where you got this information.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I found a spec sheet online for the slide motors
The boot on these represent torque rating black and or white being highest torque. Gray (low torque) for small slides. According to these specs they pull more amps than others 90% of these have the same gear ratio. It also gives u options.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s a gamble. Are you a gambler?

I canโ€™t do my own work so I have to pay someone. If I go to a dealer and he puts the wrong one on or it fails under warranty Iโ€™m covered.

If you do your own work the gamble might work out.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a motor that was not made by Power Gear to replace my old motor. This was claimed to be a replacement equal to Power Gear. I have a large slide out that includes the refrigerator and requires the largest slide motor they make. It seamed weak and would not retract the slide if my wife sat on the couch. The new motor was several hundred dollars cheaper and weaker. I opened up the gear box on the Power Gear unit (read the warnings; Power Gear recommends that you never do this), removed all the gears, cleaned them, checked for wear and damage, then put them back back in with fresh grease. I reinstalled the Power Gear motor on the slide out.It seamed to work a little better. You need good electrical connections and good batteries for it to work at its best. I would stick with Power Gear Motors.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The reason for the different P/n and motors and transmissions is, EACH slide rack has different parameters. The torque rating and RPM of the CORRECT slide/trans is important for the operation of the slide rack system. I have never swapped another motor/trans in place of the correct one. I HAVE replaced Incorrect Powergear motor/trans because another service center tried to adapt and the motor/trans was not strong enough for the application. If you can get your money back and spend 1/2 price, it would not hurt to try the cheaper motor. Doug

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I found one on fleabay for $399 (new) linkaroonie

I also found that this is the newer replacement for that motor assembly and it's only $350 P/N 523900

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would call these people Colaw. They have a good selection of new and used components at reasonable prices.
Search shows your model as Power Gear exclusive.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have the number, I guess my not explaining it correctly.The part number is 524664 their wanting 750.00 for a replacement part. There are many others alot cheaper with the same application I have.Can I use any of these others that are $400.00 cheaper.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You need to get the motor number off the one you have.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Cwyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Wiring not the issue it's a Power Gear motor with gear assembly attached PN 524664 Has anybody replaced this motor. It's the bedroom slide on a National Sea Breeze 35 ft class A.The price for this is $750.00. Other motors with the same gear assembly $350.00. I understand the gear ratio is possibly different.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are at least two different gear ratios.