cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slides In Pictures?

BigInIssaquah
Explorer
Explorer
We have a F-350 Super Crew and a Laredo 303TG but we are thinking of moving up to a 34' Bounder. 2 adults, 2 pre-teen boys and a German Shepherd makes for tight quarters in the F-350.

It's almost impossible to find pictures of any Class A with the slides IN. I wanted to look at a few pictures before driving an hour to the dealer. In our 303TG you can't walk the length of the trailer without opening the slides a couple of feet. I want to make sure that isn't happening with the more modern Class A's with slides...?
17 REPLIES 17

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
My coach is old and both slides are on the drivers side and not as deep as modern motor homes. It doesn't feel a great deal different when we are retracted and traveling. Does the unit you are looking at have four slides? What year?
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1199 wrote:
I have never seen a Class A motorhome that you could not move around in with the slides closed. I would think it's probably some kind of a safety rule that you would have to be able to move around in it. I have seen trailers and 5th wheels that are completely blocked with the slides closed, but never a motorhome. Now it may be a tight fit, but you'll be able to get from the front to the back. My Tropical has three slides. When all are closed you can still easily walk from front to back and use the couch and dinette. You do have to crawl over the bed to get to the closet and the bet butts up against drawers that you can't open when the slide is closed, but other than that you can access everything else in the motorhome.

I have seen coaches where it was almost impossible to walk to the rear with the slides in. Why would a motorhome be any different then a fifth wheel trailer, the slides are just as big on some coaches.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have never seen a Class A motorhome that you could not move around in with the slides closed. I would think it's probably some kind of a safety rule that you would have to be able to move around in it. I have seen trailers and 5th wheels that are completely blocked with the slides closed, but never a motorhome. Now it may be a tight fit, but you'll be able to get from the front to the back. My Tropical has three slides. When all are closed you can still easily walk from front to back and use the couch and dinette. You do have to crawl over the bed to get to the closet and the bet butts up against drawers that you can't open when the slide is closed, but other than that you can access everything else in the motorhome.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
Are you really wanting a class A or just more room for the family and dog when traveling? What about an E350 van with quad captains chairs? That is what we have. Dog gets the third row and the 4 of us are all in large captains chairs.

BigInIssaquah
Explorer
Explorer
Kiwi_too wrote:
I agree with getting pics. We have done some shows. You might want to. I believe you will find that the living space, back to the BR space has plenty of space for one person to walk past those sitting. The dog on the floor will present a mild obstacle to walk over. If you get a midship TV/ent system with inverter, the kids could be XBoxing or watching movies while you drive.

It's tough finding the "perfect" layout in the 32-34' length. We like the bunk beds of the 34B but we also like the layout of the 33C with the TV facing the couch. XBox is something my kids would love to be able to do while riding..

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
BigInIssaquah wrote:
GGoodsell wrote:
I have a 2009 Bounder 32W (33 feet actual). With the slides in I have limited access to the main bed and closet and no access to dresser drawers. But I have full access to everything else. Very convenient for stops along the road for bathroom breaks and meals.

Well, that doesn't sound too bad. As long as you can move around pretty easily in the 1st 2/3 of the cabin...

That's the norm on all slides in bedrooms, you can access the bed but not most the drawers, the living area in the 08 and newer Bounder has no issues with the slide out in, its the same as if there was no slide out.

BigInIssaquah
Explorer
Explorer
GGoodsell wrote:
I have a 2009 Bounder 32W (33 feet actual). With the slides in I have limited access to the main bed and closet and no access to dresser drawers. But I have full access to everything else. Very convenient for stops along the road for bathroom breaks and meals.

Well, that doesn't sound too bad. As long as you can move around pretty easily in the 1st 2/3 of the cabin...

GGoodsell
Explorer
Explorer

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I agree with getting pics. We have done some shows. You might want to. I believe you will find that the living space, back to the BR space has plenty of space for one person to walk past those sitting. The dog on the floor will present a mild obstacle to walk over. If you get a midship TV/ent system with inverter, the kids could be XBoxing or watching movies while you drive.

BigInIssaquah
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we are looking at Bounder from 2008 onwards to the new ones. I'm assuming these have wider slides?

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
What year of a Bounder are you talking about, also never seen a Bounder that the slide out when in caused moving around issues, just the bed area but still can be used, the living area never a issue.

Yep, that's the first question, what year Bounder is the OP looking at? Our previous coach, a 1999 Fleetwood Bounder, 34V with a single Galley slide and, the F-53 Chassis and V-10, was a great unit. It had lots of storage, a 100 gallon water tank, a fair amount of power for the 275 HP version of the V-10 (it did have the Banks kit on it though).

As far as "usable" space or, "cramping" or, any other type space issues when the slide is in, there was none. In fact, we camped a few times with the slide in due to the fact that, the spaces we were issued at the last minute, at many of the campgrounds etc. didn't have the room for the slide to be extended. So, we had plenty of room for maneuverability.

But, again, it all depends on the year and model of the Bounder in question. Good luck.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
What year of a Bounder are you talking about, also never seen a Bounder that the slide out when in caused moving around issues, just the bed area but still can be used, the living area never a issue.

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
No real problem in our Bounder 35E except the bed is in the way of the rear shower when the slide is in but not a real problem.

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
I got no problem in my 2004 36s Bounder there is 1 cabinet I cant open