cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Cal Gas Prices OUCH!!

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Overnight our gas prices jumped .30 a gallon and continue to go up. I have never seen something like this before. I bought gas at $3.17
Friday, the next morning we were over $3.49. Many stations are now over $4.00 and going up.

Funny thing though, is diesel is still below $3. It has not moved like gas has.

The news reports say we have a gas shortage here on the west coast. Really? My feeling is the market is being manipulated. Either way, it is terrible.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
17 REPLIES 17

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Locally, I can get diesel for 2.87 in Poulsbo at a Texaco or Shell and 2.99 at the Safeway in Poulsbo. Now, the difference is that the first two are on the Suquamish indian res. OOppss. My Safeway is 3.18? Gas at the Silverdale Costco is 2.99 and the word is that they are going to relocate and rebuild the gas pumps and add diesel pumps when they do.
What gets me is that I just got heating fuel and it was .02 a gallon than the last tank I got for the MH. I put in 198 gallons in the heating tank for that price and TWO more gallons would have gotten me another .01 discount.The amount of diesel that went into my MH was 55 gallons and I got .08 a gallon with my GS Flying J card. Diesel at Flying J in Tumwater is now #.05 and with the discount is 2.97.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
I read an article yesterday on AOL that the southern part of CA. had refinery problems and no ship arrived with gas for 3 days. They expected the price to go up 50 cents.

went down here in this part of NC since Fri about $.08 to $2.44 a gal

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
Here in the Allegheny Highlands of West Virginia (it is tough to find a more rural place in the eastern US) the current price is $2.79 for a gallon of regular gasoline and $2.99 for diesel.

Wayne
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
$2.33 in Tucson, AZ (usually the best prices in the Country) and I just paid $3.33 here in Pittsburg, CA (N. CA). Really stinks.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
2.36 yesterday at Sams Club, 2.50's most places. NW Ohio. It's dropping, like it almost always does after the July 4 weekend. Had to pay 2.76 for 93 octane for the Harley though.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW, we are 2.45 for regular gas and I filled up diesel from 2.59 to 2.69 depending on where in VA. You in CA have different refining so stuff refined in TX can not come to you.Your pollution regs are killing you and there is no real benefit or difference other then they want you to spend a lot more money. Move and get out and there are various states that are better for retirement then the rest of them.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
3.73 for regular in south central Pennsylvania. Costco is 3.68

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
Where ever you go remember leave Cal behind don't try to change your new place like Cal.
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
jjj wrote:
Yes isn't it wonderful living here in Cali. I can retire in 8 years and I am running away as fast I can to get out of here. I have 2 cars on the road commuting and it cost us right now before the increases 80.00 x 2 a week to go to work. It does not leave much left over to fuel the truck to go away with the fiver. Somebody help me decide were to go to other than here, I am done with this state.

No,No, When you retire please don't leave. You are part of that problem out there. If you leave you'll just take it with you for others to have to deal with.
jwmII

zachcycles
Explorer
Explorer
Still around $3.10 here in Sacramento... but thinking I'm gonna fill up the car and MH today!!
Whether out in the motor home or just sittin n sippin a fine whiskey, my mind wanders these daze. I'm ok with this...

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
jjj, Asheville, NC, is beautiful and is also a great place (weather and it's Bohemian). A nice young vibe (college town) yet relaxed. Excellent medical care (retired friends live there).

Nice summers but they do get snow in the winter. We have been going in the motorhome every summer for the last 5-6 yrs. If you have never seen the Biltmore Estate, it's a real treat!

Also, East Tennessee is a nice retirement area.

MM. (We live at the West end of the State, not recommended)
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
Yes isn't it wonderful living here in Cali. I can retire in 8 years and I am running away as fast I can to get out of here. I have 2 cars on the road commuting and it cost us right now before the increases 80.00 x 2 a week to go to work. It does not leave much left over to fuel the truck to go away with the fiver. Somebody help me decide were to go to other than here, I am done with this state.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
That makes sense since the price for a barrel of oil just DROPPED below $54.00.
It's California so they usually do the opposite of what the rest of the country is doing. Our price is dropping here.