cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Still lleaking air

langgle
Explorer
Explorer
My 2005 HR Endeavor still leaking air. Any suggestions for a place to get it fixed along Ca Hwy 99 between Fresno and Sacramento. I did follows suggestions from previous post and tightened connection behind dash air gauge, but still leaking. Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

langgle
Explorer
Explorer
Just want to provide an update on my air leak problem. After leaving it for five days at the Freightliner shop in Lodi I still had an air leak. Stopped at Florence RV in Florence, OR and he solved the problem within minutes. Had a leak in the air brake control and it showed up with soapy water when sprayed on the top of the panel. Also the air horn relay had overheated and melted the plastic air hose. The relay is in the compartment where the fuses are on the front left. Thanks again for all the suggestions. As you can probably tell, not mechanically inclined but learning.

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Stop by any truck tire repair shop like a Goodyear tire facility and they should be able to find an fix it quickly. They have pits that run under the floor and you drive the MH over the pit.

Any commercial trucking tire or chassis service center should be able to take care of this.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

Gasman_2
Explorer
Explorer
Do you hear the leak ? If you do from what area ?
Gasman 2

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
I had had 2 air leaks, one at the compressor, and the other at the T for the front bags. The one at the compressor I could hear, so I knew where to spray some soapy water, the other I had no idea and had to do it the old fashion way -> crawl underneath with a spray bottle (Soap and water mix) and start spraying. I did mine with the engine off, but had an assistant. The assistant's job is to watch the air guages, when they went to 70, come out and tell me. I would then crawl out, they would start it, build air back up, shut it down, and I would start spraying again. Finally heard a slight hiss when I made my way up front and was almost near the center of the rig, just behind the axle. I sprayed and found it. It is tedious, should not take more than a few hours. If you know someone with a pit, or a lift, it would probably go faster and be much easier. Don't forget to block it before you crawl underneath, mine has air suspension so any leak and the bags will deflate, and even with the jacks down I still did not trust it.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also have a slow leak that has been difficult to locate, but yesterday I could hear air leaking at the tanks. At least now I know where it is and will tighten all the fittings at the tanks. Might be the same area where you are losing air.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like you did not start from the pump and work you way forward to you found it.

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
GOOGLE is your friend! I Googled "holiday rambler motorhome brake air leak" and found a wealth of info on that subject. So narrow it down, google it and you may get it nailed! Try "Holiday Rambler Recalls" too. Good luck!

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! What's that hissing noise!!!
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W