cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Strange Sound

JackInAZ
Explorer
Explorer
I have a noise that sounds somewhat like a FAX machine in my 2016 Winnebago Sightseer. The dealer has been unable to identify it. Anyone else experience a similar sound?
14 REPLIES 14

BigMac
Explorer
Explorer
Are you keeping your foot on the brake after you turn the ignition to off? If yes it's your Hydro Boost (I think that's the right term) on your brakes activating.

Mike and Cindy

FMCA / Good Sam Member
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34 PA
2010 Pontiac G6

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Jabrad's Papa wrote:
Does your back up camera have a microphone on it, is the sound coming from around the dash board or your monitor? is it picking up some sound from the outside back of your motorhome. This happened to me. Mine sounded like an old transistor radio off the station. ( yes, I know I'm old. Transistor radio )
That ain't old, vacuum tubes is old! ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Jabrad_s_Papa
Explorer
Explorer
Does your back up camera have a microphone on it, is the sound coming from around the dash board or your monitor? is it picking up some sound from the outside back of your motorhome. This happened to me. Mine sounded like an old transistor radio off the station. ( yes, I know I'm old. Transistor radio )

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deisel engine? Turbo spool down.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check to make sure your jacks are not partially down? The alarm on my previous MH made a sound similar to what you describe. If a wire comes loose it can cause that persistent false alarm if the jacks are not down.
Mark

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Its checking in with Winnebago to give them your driving data ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Bruce_Brown
Call Winnebago and ask them if they're missing a fax machine???

Just kidding, I have no idea, other than maybe something rubbing just the wrong way.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it happens right after the engine is shut down, it could be the noise caused by a weak spring in your radiator cap.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
A few possibilities:

>Water pump is cycling due to a small leak
>Electric fuel pump is pumping to maintain pressure in the system even though it should be off when the ignition switch is in the off position.
>Air bubbles in the water system or hydraulic leveler system
>From the suspension or leveling system when the coach jiggles from some small movement like when someone walks or re-positions in a chair
>My Lazyboy recliner developed a electronic sounding squeak when fully reclined and I would breathe

ets1996
Explorer
Explorer
I have an hours meter on the dash that clicks when the gen set runs first time I heard it did not know what it was.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The squealing FAX tone noise you hear thru the Telephone headset? Doug

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Is the FAX machine printing or doing the initial handshake routine prior to printing? Two completely different sounds.

Chum lee

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
When do you hear it? Driving? Parked? Engine running? Wife?

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like this?: Fax Machine Sound
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.