cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Survey - How Do You Store Your Class A?

cbr46
Explorer
Explorer
Considering new home options and how to store our Class A. Currently it sits in the driveway, exposed. I don't like it but not willing to invest in a short term structure.

So what is the consensus? How do you store your Class A?

Full timer, park to park?
No shelter?
Park at storage facility exposed?
Park at storage facility under roof?
RV Garage?
Pole barn?
Sits in the driveway?

If you built an enclosed garage, what was the cost, how big, what materials and how long ago? or $/sq ft?

With enough responses I'll build a spreadsheet with percentages.

Thanks for your time,
- bob
83 REPLIES 83

Linda_B
Explorer
Explorer
We store ours in the RV port attached to our house with 50 amp power, water, sewer, cable & phone hookups. We are in a gated community that was designed for people like us who want to store our motorhome at our stick house.

GTN_and_Catz
Explorer
Explorer
Covered storage with one end somewhat exposed. No winterization required here. Although, of late I've been storing it inside at the repair facility and body shop since I've found it necessary to modify the left side of the coach with those bothersome cement filled metal posts ... but that's another story....
Gene
2003 36' Rexhall RexAir
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Demco Kar Kaddy SS
Blue Ox Aventa II
2 Ragdolls
1 Tabby

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Mostly we are living in it. When we travel without it, we usually find an outdoor storage lot usually without electric. Once we found a site in the winter with 30 amp, no cover. If there is no electric, we depend on the solar to keep the house batteries in shape.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
We will be moving up to NH in a couple of years so the first thing we built was an RV garage with an additional 2 bay car garage/workshop in the yard. The RV bay is 48' x 15' and the garage/workshop is 22' x 32' with a four post car lift in one bay. I'll be able to disappear out there for weeks, which will probably make DW happy since I'll be out of her kitchen.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
It is stored ware I am parked. we use it all year.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
We put up a carport for our HR that is 20 x 40 x 14 high. It is right beside my garage so the back and one side is sided from roof to ground. It is great, no rain, snow or sun. Also very cheap! It also has a 50 amp plug.
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
We have lots of garages for lots of toys. We live in an older neighborhood on 1 acre and no Homeowners association.

Our RV sits under a 3 sided garage with power.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Right next to our truck and, GL 1800, where I can play with it any time I like.
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
Our unit will be 20 yrs old next April. For the first 10 years next to the house during summer months inside an old apple orchard building out in the county during winter months. Last 9 years in or own pole barn we built on property behind our daughters house ( she is directly across the street from us). It has electric with a 30 amp plug. So now if we aren't in it it is out of elements all year long.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
40 x 60 Quonset on the property, room for mine, as well as several others, all winter. But need to watch for mice ~
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
My coach is stored right in the side of my house exposed to the sun and the elements. Still the original paint job looks like new. I do use dry wash called the Solution on it, and once a year I spray it with Blue Coral liquid wax and wipe it down.

I do cover the tires with some covers I got through Amazon. They are great!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
Heated and powered 50' X 22' garage attached to my garage for my everyday vehicles.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
28x48 garage, with 50 amp power, water, sewer hook up, satellite tv. Can just open slides and move in. Built 7 years ago, about 20K, Done the work with help from a few friends, Keeps every thing looking good.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
When not being used, I store mine here:

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
Our house happened to have an RV garage built with the house. Our 07 Journey just squeezes in. If we had roof A/C it wouldn't. Keep it plugged in, and ready to go. Don't have to winterize, which is nice. So nice having it right in the garage to work on and load.

Jeff
Jeff
Retired AF, retired contractor, really retired!
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H 350hp Cat
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad with Air Force One