cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sway Bar mounting brackets bolts.

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
I had a rear sway bar link bracket and bolts replaced on my 2013 class a Thor Daybreak motorhome a couple months ago I just checked the bolts again and found that one side the bolts were loose again just some info for anyone to make sure they check the bolts every once in awhile there must be a problem with them coming loose because apparently that's why my bracket broke off the first time I did remove them this time and put loctite on them and tighten them down hopefully that helps the problem. Is anyone else having the same problems and what did you do to correct it?
3 REPLIES 3

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Freightliner chassis sway bar links have tiny quarter inch threaded sections.Last time at the factory they replaced the rotted destroyed rubber bushings, they over tightened one, of them, with an impact wrench.Itwas loose but couldn't get it off due to stretched and twisted ends, August,, in Az Freightlner replaced the rubber and already worn bushings with urethane bushings and found it. Replaced both links,,,which were not easy to find.
Just tightening up things and those urethane bushings made a lot of difference

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
There is a long thread on the Ford chassis forum on IRV2 on this very problem. The advice posted above is exactly correct. Blue locktite and 66 lbs. i still look at ours a few times a year just to make sure.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
It is a well known problem. What you did putting Locktite Blue on them then torque to 66 pounds. (That's two fingers on a 3/8 drive ratchet. LOL)

The nuts also are known to break the spot weld, Use your best jury-rigging to get them tightened.

Ford warranted mine when it was there for an unrelated issue.