cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Blue Ox Tow Bars

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to thank Paul Thompson At Blue Ox.
We had a failure on one of the arms on our 5 year old tow bar. I contacted Paul at Blue Ox and was asked to return the tow bar for inspection, after about a week a complete new tow bar shows up no charge.
They really stand behind their product. Maybe some of the other RV product company's could take a lesson.
Blue Ox customer for life.
5 REPLIES 5

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
Right on Rich, Thanks for the tip....Paul

Rich_D_
Explorer
Explorer
maznchle wrote:
i just last week got my alladin tow bar back from blue ox after waiting six weeks for it in mass. now after paying 210.00 it dont lock on one arm. i saw a almost new one on craigs list for 250.00 and called on it and wish i bought it as it was close by in mass. After many calls to blue ox which i got nowhere with my local rv dealer that sent it out got it back so i could finally go on my way. The hitch just wouldnt unlock after towing and i tried everything and finall had to jump on it to release it which i believe damaged the springs inside the housing. only 29k on it and i heard many good things about blue ox and i hope i can get them to fix it as i need to move on so phone calls today to blue ox and i will post results. paul

Of course jumping on it will damage it. Next time that it won't easily unlock, have someone turn the steering wheel from fully turned in one direction to fully turned in the other. Have them do this while you keep slight pressure on the release. Somewhere along the way the pressure on the lock will be removed and the lock will release.
Rich D. Wanderlodge M450 LXi

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
i just last week got my alladin tow bar back from blue ox after waiting six weeks for it in mass. now after paying 210.00 it dont lock on one arm. i saw a almost new one on craigs list for 250.00 and called on it and wish i bought it as it was close by in mass. After many calls to blue ox which i got nowhere with my local rv dealer that sent it out got it back so i could finally go on my way. The hitch just wouldnt unlock after towing and i tried everything and finall had to jump on it to release it which i believe damaged the springs inside the housing. only 29k on it and i heard many good things about blue ox and i hope i can get them to fix it as i need to move on so phone calls today to blue ox and i will post results. paul

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear about the good customer service for a change!

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear. Need to send mine in for repair.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter