cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The infamous no-co on my Norcold

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Went out to the MH yesterday to hear a beep-beep and see the infamous no-co on my Norcold 1200. Luckily is had probably just happened so even though the frig was warm and all the food we had kept stored from out last trip was lost, at least nothing had yet turned green and black. This happened before, just over a year ago. The level is good, my power to the unit is good. My mobile tech reset the frig, but when I checked a few minutes ago the no-co was back.
Bet I'll need a new mother-board...again. Another claim on my extended warranty. Maybe the next RV will have an all-electric frig.
Anyway, just ranting, if it is not fixed by next week when the kids borrow the rig they will have to take ice-chests.
Happy Trails.
6 REPLIES 6

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Just received the diagnosis. The cooling unit needs to be replaced. Thank goodness for the extended warranty....not that it saves me anything in the long run, but I don't need to lay out the money this week. Ahhh, the fun of Rving.
Happy Trails.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
My extended warranty paid (a little reluctant at first, but) for the Amish unit...if yours is bad, it won't hurt to ask....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. The reset system has NOTHING to do with the Motherboard.
2. The REASON you get a NO CO, is there is something keeping the refer from doing a normal complete cool down. You have either a cooling fan system inop (most common cause), one of your 2 heating elements are out, POOR ventilation, and last, possible cooling unit failure. BUT, the odds are, IF the cooling unit is bad, the Recall box will trip instead of NO CO. When you reset from a NO CO, you have 1 try at a normal cool down cycle. DON"T fix the original NO CO problem, then it trips NO CO. If you turn the refer OFF for 20 seconds and restart, then it attempts another cool down. DON"T fix the problem and the 2nd NO CO locks the Motherboard and you have to do a HARD reset. The NO CO is a cooling unit protection. It STOPS the refer when anything that could possibly ruin a cooling, and then you need to find the cause. ANY RV tech worth their salt should KNOW this, and instead of just doing a reset, should do a complete system check to find the cause. Doug

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bet you have a bad cooling unit, not a bad board. Your extended warranty is about to get hit with a $2000 bill!
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks RogerComm, however, I'm "one of those" RVers who likes to drive, pump gas, and keep the inside of the rig clean. Guess that is why I appreciate my extended warranty...my favorite tool is my phone.
OK, a bit of an exaggeration, but close enough.
Happy Trails

RogerComm
Explorer
Explorer
I have had to reset mine a couple of times. Sometimes two or three resets before it would cool. Haven't had any trouble since I replaced the cooling unit though. There is a procedure you can do yourself to perform the reset without calling a tech. Google the 1200LRM reset procedure. Here is a link to one of the pages:

Clicky
Roger & Denae
W4OHX
FMCA 334124

2004 Monaco Camelot 40PST
Lexus LX-470 Toad
Blue Ox/Brake Buddy