cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thetfield Aurora Toilet Seal Replacement

Explorer
Explorer
After several years of nursing it along, I finally need to replace the seal that keeps some water in the bowel after flushing.

Do you have to take the toilet apart, or can one just pry out the old seal (with the slide valve held open) and slip the new seal in?
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.
4 REPLIES 4

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
If this is an older Thetford toilet,you might not be able to find a new seal for it. We had an old 10 year model in our MH that quit holding water. Took it out, took it apart. Remove the seal assembly, went to our local RV parts store. They looked it up in their parts book. Even called their supplier for more infomation. Parts no longer available for our model.

Bought new toilet.

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Thetford has manuals online that describe the repair:

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/PermanentToilets/AquaMagicAurora/tabid/564/Default.aspx
Roaming Full Timer

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had to take mine out to get to the seal. After I removed it and disassembled it I found a hard build up of brown stuff that actually scraped grooves in the blade that opens the toilet. After scraping the hard build up off every thing including the seals(there were two) using a scraper and steel wool I reassembled it with Vaseline and it has been working well. Once the buildup was removed from the seal it was pliable again. I let it sit overnight to see if the seal would hold water before re installing. I played with it for two days prior adding olive oil cleaning the groove etc.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
I have never seen a Thatford that the seal could be replaced without removing and seperating the bowl from the pedestal.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad