cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor ACE 29.2 Class A

West_Beachhouse
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to hear from any owners of a Thor ACE (29.2') gas Class A. How do you like it, price paid, towing, living full time in the model etc.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Happy Holidays.
West Beachhouse
7 REPLIES 7

A-town_Ace
Explorer
Explorer
Love the 2013 29.2 Ace I have had it for a year. Drives easy, parks easy and I have gone about 3k miles so far. I have 4 kids and we all fit in it well. Did have to re-staple netting on one cubby. (Got caught when overstuffed and bed was lowered). It get a lot of complements too.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Finally Time wrote:
I owned a new 2013 Thor ACE 27.1 for 3 months. Took a loss and traded it in on a new 2013 Winnebago Vista 27N. Not happy about loosing the money but very glad to be rid of the ACE. The ACE had very poor handling, wandered all over the road even after an alignment and “cheap handling fix.” The fit and finish was poor, lots of rattles and bangs. Here’s a partial list of the problems I after driving a few hundred miles. Exterior: Upper clearance lights full of water. Molding pulled away by driver’s mirror, entry door, and wheel openings. Decals bubbled and pulled away along belt molding, both sides of coach. Rear license plate light didn’t work and was loose. Mechanical: House battery cut out frequently, would not take full charge & drained fast. Interior: Water leaked into left front on driver’s side wall when driving during and after rain, water dripped in from curtain rail, water came in around screws in lower part of fixed part of driver’s and passenger’s side windows. One of the pocket doors came off track and jammed blocking entry into bedroom, the rollers had ripped out of the door. Upper wall trim between pocket doors and hall came off. Shower wall was loose and where it met the pan had gaps in the caulking. Toilet was loose and rocked. There was a cut in vinyl flooring between entry door and kitchen. The bungee & net in compartment above passenger seat pulled out.

Sounds like you had a bad one. None of this stuff has ever been experienced on our 29.1 or the 29.2. Not saying we haven't had a few issues, most seem to be typical of any RV, but nothing like you describe.
2013 ACE 29.2

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a new 2013 Thor ACE 27.1 for 3 months. Took a loss and traded it in on a new 2013 Winnebago Vista 27N. Not happy about loosing the money but very glad to be rid of the ACE. The ACE had very poor handling, wandered all over the road even after an alignment and “cheap handling fix.” The fit and finish was poor, lots of rattles and bangs. Here’s a partial list of the problems I after driving a few hundred miles. Exterior: Upper clearance lights full of water. Molding pulled away by driver’s mirror, entry door, and wheel openings. Decals bubbled and pulled away along belt molding, both sides of coach. Rear license plate light didn’t work and was loose. Mechanical: House battery cut out frequently, would not take full charge & drained fast. Interior: Water leaked into left front on driver’s side wall when driving during and after rain, water dripped in from curtain rail, water came in around screws in lower part of fixed part of driver’s and passenger’s side windows. One of the pocket doors came off track and jammed blocking entry into bedroom, the rollers had ripped out of the door. Upper wall trim between pocket doors and hall came off. Shower wall was loose and where it met the pan had gaps in the caulking. Toilet was loose and rocked. There was a cut in vinyl flooring between entry door and kitchen. The bungee & net in compartment above passenger seat pulled out.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
With a family of 3 we find the storage/clothes space more than adequate for a week at a time if not more. There are 2 drawers, 2 hanging closets and 2 overhead bins in the bedroom, then there are 2 bins above the sofa, the entire space under the sofa and both seats in the dinette for blankets etc. My son usually puts his clothes in one or more of the bunk bins. There are 7 bins up there, 3 of which are pretty large for kid’s clothes. I plan on installing a “trap door/laundry chute” in the left bin well beside the bed that will allow to hang a clothes basket in the storage bin beneath. A simple hinged door and a collapsible basket on hooks in the large pass through. Plenty of room for towels in the bathroom or one of the bins across from the refer. The remaining bins across the refer for dry goods (chips etc) Most dry food though goes in the slide out pantry, bread etc in one of the drawers. There are 2 sizeable coat closets. One of the things I liked about the ACE is the amount of storage in a small coach. We find we usually have a few empty bins. There are just so many places to put stuff. More storage than I have seen on any other coach in its class.
2013 ACE 29.2

NHwanderlust
Explorer
Explorer
How do current owners find the storage space for clothes? The ACE 29.2 is at the top of my list but the one we looked at I felt had limited storage space in the bedroom. Just those 2 shirt closets and the cabinet above the bed. Where do you put your stuff?

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'm with Effy on this one. This is not a coach that I would want to full time in, just me. If you get into some cold country you will go through propane and when it is warm the AC will run all the time. This coach is for weekends and maybe up to a week at a time. For full time rv living I would get something like this.
http://www.conejowholesaleauto.com/index.php?p=details&id=1481
Just me
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
We LOVE our 29.2. I still shop around and cannot find a floorplan at a price point I like better. Lots of bang for your buck. Power to weight is awesome, plenty of storage, full 5k# tow capacity, handles well and no poblems to speak of. That said you mentioned full timing. We are weekenders with a kid so it's perfect for us. The wide open floorplan is spacious. But I am not sure I could full time in it. It's an entry level coach. It's not insulated well, fit and finish is what you would expect on an entry level coach and I am not sure how the entry level matarials would hold up to the rigors of fulltiming, or how "liveable" it would be. We spend a week or so at a time and I really get the feeling if I were to full time I would get a "nicer" coach. That's not to discourage you, it's realistic and not just an ACE thing either. I would struggle I think full timing in any entry level coach. Price point should get you in the low 70's. HIgh 60's if you find a leftover. All in all it's a great coach and hard to beat dollar for dollar against the competition at this level. If you are ok with full timing in an entry level coach then it's a good one to look at. Thor is awesome about customer service too. I have no critisisms at all about the 29.2. It's a good solid coach.
2013 ACE 29.2