cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thor Axis

ntar827
Explorer
Explorer
In a Thor Axis, where do you store the pedestal table?

Also, can two lawn chairs be stored in one of the outside storage compartments?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

davidgebo
Explorer
Explorer
We like the 2 tables, which store behind the driver side couch. Our Vegas is quite comfortable using either of the tables. I found that lifting the tables from the storage pods is quite difficult, as they are heavy, and there is no built-in grip to help you. I installed 2 nylon straps to each table top and this helps greatly when lifting the tables from the storage pods. I used scrap 6 inch sections of wratchet-strap nylon strap, and screwed them to the bottoms of the tables. Be sure to drill pilot holes in the bottom of the table to make it much easier to screw into the very hard table material. Also, be absolutely certain to NOT drill and screw right through the table top. The screws should be less than the thickness of the table top.

belfastboy
Explorer
Explorer
yes, my wife and I love to use the front table. The view out the big front window is so great. If you buy one check the table condition when you pick it up. On ours the larger table for in front of the couch was damaged as it jiggled in transit. We did not notice it til a week after we picked it up and Thor will not cover the damage under warranty. Minor issue as we will not likely use the table much at all. But it is nice to have if my wife wants to use it as a craft table.

kiwidancer
Explorer
Explorer
We, too, prefer the small table that fits between the front seats. We took the other, larger, one out altogether and just leave it at home. That way, we have an easy-to-use dining space and easy access to the couch. The area behind the couch is roomy. I put the broom back there and misc. bags of extra things. I also put down a fluffy rug in front of the couch to cover the two pedestal holes. Works out great!

There is plenty of outdoor storage, and our lawn chairs fit easily.

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
The 2 pedestal tables are stored behind the couch. We usually use the one that fits between the two chairs. Works perfectly with the chairs facing each other. Love the view out the front window as we eat!! Seldom use the larger table that goes in front of the couch unless we have company. We prefer the additional floor space without it.

We have 2 fold up chaise chairs in the back pass through storage.

Hope that helps!! Love our Axis! ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Thor Axis