cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tile under carpet in 2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS???

Motodad77
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS c class, the previous owner mentioned there was tile under the carpet.. Does anyone know if this is in fact true? We would like to remove the carpet.

THANKS!!
8 REPLIES 8

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
My Greyhawk has a lot of wiring under the bed, too...it's mounted to bare plywood under there. There's just enough carpet so that you can't see any bare wood until you remove the cover to access the wiring. The bathroom and shower are just on the other side, so I'm not sure how far their linoleum comes under the carpet.
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

mikebo
Explorer
Explorer
In the Jayco Melbourne that I used to own there was linoleum under some of the carpet. This was in areas that had tile on one side and carpet on the other. There was tile in the bathroom and carpet in the bed room but part of the bedroom had tile under it, but only part of it. I learned this when I had the area under the bed opened up to work on the transfer switch that was under the bed. It is not safe to assume that all of the carpet has tile under it.
Mike

2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2010 CRV toad

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
Motodad77 wrote:
Yes I meant linoleum.... Thanks for the replies, I hope your right Grampa!!

The best way to "be sure" is contact JAYCO...:)
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

Motodad77
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I meant linoleum.... Thanks for the replies, I hope your right Grampa!!

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
I think he means linoleum. Unless JAYCO changed their production methods the entire floor is covered with linoleum and then the carpet is installed where needed The problem with removing the carpet you will have staple holes where the carpet was attached at the edges.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Tile is heavy and expensive, and a Greyhawk is an entry-level RV...a high-end entry level, but still entry level, and they don't have a whole lot of CCC to spare. Unless a previous owner did it or ordered it as a special option, that doesn't sound right.

Why would someone carpet over tile instead of just buying a rug?
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine that a builder would put tile down and then carpet over it. Perhaps the previous owner put the carpet down.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt if it has it. I just toured a Heartland RV factory and their vinyl flooring does not extend under the carpet. Perhaps just a few inches.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel