cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tire monitoring system

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
I thought its about time i check into this. Any opinions on the different brands. My neighbor has the TPMS (I think) brand and he says it works good. Little jobber doos that screw over the tire stem.
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar
12 REPLIES 12

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the replys
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Had TireTrakker for several years and got tired of false alarms and repeated failures. Really annoyed when they blamed me for using the wrong charger! Still have all the parts if anyone wants it. Now using TST 507 and very happy. It sounded off on both inner duals as we were crossing the desert on a 105 deg day. Temps were very high so I slowed down even more, below 60, and pulled over for a break in some shade to let them come down. Was glad when that day was behind me.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Rgatijent1, I did have the front driver's side TPMS battery fail (under warranty). I'm sure you are right about the valve stem installation. The monitor is built into the dash and I can monitor tire temps along with air pressure like the add-on TPMS's.

An additional tire warning system is built into the Volvo dash info center that will detect a blowout or sudden loss of pressure a tire (a check light will appear in the info center).

Mark
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mr.Mark wrote:

Our new coach has a built-in TPMS inside the tires, nothing on the stem.

Safe travels,
MM.

I know that there is nothing on the outside that you can see but I am sure that your TPMS is part of the valve stem and is inside the rim, just like most automobiles. This means that when they die, you have to deflate the tire and replace the entire TPMS assembly which will include a new valve stem.
Not that difficult to do and not all that expensive but it can be a hassle when the internal battery starts to fail.

stickyeye
Explorer
Explorer
I use this one and it works great on rv and toad. Good signal strength, no repeater needed for toad

EEZ RV
๐Ÿ™‚

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I had an early system of the TST and had terrible luck with it. I'm sure it has been improved, at least I hope so. I had never used my compressor more than when I had that system. After a month or so, I just took the system off and gave it away.

Our new coach has a built-in TPMS inside the tires, nothing on the stem.

A lot of Prevost guys are installing Pressure Pro. I know nothing about it but that's what I'm reading on their site.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
"TPMS" is the generic initials for all "Tire Pressure Monitoring System's". We have a TST Model 507 TPMS setup that has worked very well for us for several years now, and highly recommend it.

TST TPMS Model 507

I have the same and would recommend it.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I have the tire minder system on my travel trailer. It is very simple to install and the customer service department will stay on the phone with you through the installation process. It takes less than 10 minutes to install. You always reach a technician when you call with a question and their office is in Florida not overseas. I love this system and the display is easy to see and use.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Have put TST system on three different rv's now over a 15 year period, and they have never given me any reason to try another brand
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
We used to have TST but now are using the TireTraker and it has worked very well. The lifetime warranty instead of 3 years is what made me switch. We use it on all 10 tires, including the Toad.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to be "that guy" but did you search the forum for TPMS? This topic comes up at least monthly.

TPMS forum search
2013 ACE 29.2

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
"TPMS" is the generic initials for all "Tire Pressure Monitoring System's". We have a TST Model 507 TPMS setup that has worked very well for us for several years now, and highly recommend it.

TST TPMS Model 507
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate