cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire question

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Getting two front tires Michelin XRV 245/70R 19.5 load range F $532 per tire mounted balanced and installed is this a decent price Hankooks came in at $411 I'm leaning towards the michelins.....Any thoughts
2002 Georgie Boy Landau 3402DS Ford V-10
17 REPLIES 17

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Michelin XRV's can be had for $435 all in from Simple Tire add $40.00 for mounting it should be about $475.00 per tire for Michelin's. I did not even shop hard so you probably can do better.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Each manufacturer has good and bad series of tires, so you have to read the review on actual model you are considering.
I had Hancock in 19.5 size on my pickup and at 100k they still had good tread, but aged.
How do you use your motorhome? Are you planning to make 100k miles in next 6-8 years?
Having short time to decide, I replaced Hancock with $150 Sailung (?) and still got over 60k from them

zach477
Explorer
Explorer
Per tire? 19.5s? Yikes. I'm getting 22.5 toyos for about $370 a piece. They seem to be well reviewed.

With the money I saved compared to Michilens, I ordered a tire pressure monitor system and still have extra to spare.