cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire question

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Getting two front tires Michelin XRV 245/70R 19.5 load range F $532 per tire mounted balanced and installed is this a decent price Hankooks came in at $411 I'm leaning towards the michelins.....Any thoughts
2002 Georgie Boy Landau 3402DS Ford V-10
17 REPLIES 17

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Ev wrote:
Getting two front tires Michelin XRV 245/70R 19.5 load range F $532 per tire mounted balanced and installed is this a decent price Hankooks came in at $411 I'm leaning towards the michelins.....Any thoughts

Why would you want to pay that much more for the Michelins....and
is it because of their expert marketing techniques or something else?
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Ev wrote:

Load range "F"??
Are you sure you don't need load range "G"?

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
Michelin also has tire problems, their tires commonly used on motor homes are well-known for developing sidewall cracks, which sometimes require replacement. Michelin truck tires are made from a proprietary formula which is designed for daily use, sitting still causes the problem. OTR trucks do not have this cracking problem.
That is from an acquaintance who owns a tire store. I have no proof or documentation, just repeating what I was told.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

BigBlockTank
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
If you are near Orlando, there are numerous TRUCK tire shops that will come to you and change out the tires. You can even order tires online and have them delivered to you and then contact someone to come and change them out. If you use the balancing BEADS, you can balance them on the spot with no machines needed.

I use Centramatic balancers in my motorhome. They work very, very well...not real cheap, but worth the tire wear they save.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are near Orlando, there are numerous TRUCK tire shops that will come to you and change out the tires. You can even order tires online and have them delivered to you and then contact someone to come and change them out. If you use the balancing BEADS, you can balance them on the spot with no machines needed.

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
I was at Ft. Wilderness a few weeks ago. A nice campground resort. A little pricey and then add in a $62/day golf cart rental. We absolutely enjoyed ourselves.

Looking at all the Disney infrastructure and transportation, I know why the prices are high.

We have been coming here for years and yes it is pricey but the enjoyment and memories with our kids and now grandson far and beyond out way the price. It's a great place to RV

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I was at Ft. Wilderness a few weeks ago. A nice campground resort. A little pricey and then add in a $62/day golf cart rental. We absolutely enjoyed ourselves.

Looking at all the Disney infrastructure and transportation, I know why the prices are high.

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Soooo I went with the michelins great service from tire brigade in Orlando Florida for a mobile service I thought they had fair prices gentlemans name is David fast efficient service inspected all my tires I would absolutely recommend this company now I should have a little piece of mind on our return trip

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
No to the Goodyears as they have been hiding problems with their tires for quite a while now. Big article the other day about it.

Guess it comes down to the date code on the tire. If Michelin,s have a recent date I would go with them.
Since you do not want to move the rig "it is what it is"

LAWSUIT NEWS AT

http://motorhomechat.com/posts/goodyear-tire-loses-more-than-motorhome-tire-lawsuit
"
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
falconbrother wrote:
My guess is you're at the mercy of the mobile service. I did not know there were RV and non-RV tires.

I was told RV tires are made with different material to withstand sittings for periods of time and exposure to the sun and the rubber is softer to reduce sway

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
falconbrother wrote:
My guess is you're at the mercy of the mobile service. I did not know there were RV and non-RV tires.
I'm thinking the same thing. I paid $500 on the side on the interstate for a Goodyear 245/70R 19.5 three years ago. Looks like prices have increased a bit.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA has a Michelin Tire Discount Program where you can buy Michelin Tires much cheaper.

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses so far. I'm actually at Ft. Wilderness (Disney) don't want to move the MH so I'm using mobile services he has goodyears for 600 the michelins are 532 and he suggested Dunlop non RV for 432