cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tires and ride

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I have noticed that wheels are getting bigger on new cars with 20 inch not uncommon. I did some research and the general consensus is the larger wheels actually impact ride to the negative however the new thinner tires help to make up for it. That has lead me to the question about tires. Are there certain brands of RV tires that have a better ride? I have 19.5 on a 2012 Winnebago Vista 30T is that is important. I run at 80 lbs per weight-could run lower on the front.
17 REPLIES 17

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I have 20" vs. stock 18" on my Toad and do have a little rougher ride, but I like the looks so each to his own!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thinner tires sure don't improve the ride any. Wider sidewalls soak up some of the impact whereas thinner tires have to have stiffer sidewalls to do the same work.

keepingthelight
Explorer
Explorer
Are you saying you don't like the ride of your tires? Lots of brands to choose from out there. As long as the tire is inflated properly and can carry the weight, you should be fine. Your manufacturer spec out your MH to ride on 19" tires, factoring in the weight/carrying capacity of the MH. Suspension is another factor in ride quality.:h
05 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH w/4 slides
CAT C7 350+ HP MP-8, Aero Muffler, AFE Filter
06 HHR LT Toad
Ready Brute Elite