2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS
20 REPLIES 20

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double Coin tires have been around for close to twenty years and are quite good...pretty common on trucks now.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
I am running Sumitomo 245/75R22.5 ST718 on the rear of my coach. I am very pleased with them.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'm going to try these Sumitomo tires in 275/70R22.5 I can get them for 285 installed. I have heard good things about these. They are made in Japan, not China.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
buy them and report back to this group. I would not buy these tires.

ScottG wrote:
No offense but with the reputation of Chinese made tires, do you really want to take a chance on an obscure tire brand like that?
Just saying.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

RonMay
Explorer
Explorer
Just had to replace a tire on the road due to a huge chunk of metal ripping a 4 inch hole in a virtually new Micheline tire. The 245/70R 19.5 was hard to find but I finally found it at a PepBoys in Richmond VA. I went with the Cooper Roadmaster which was almost half the price of Michelin (which no one in the area had anyway). I am happy with the purchase.

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Bridgestone

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
LVJ58 wrote:
When it comes to tires on our coach, I'm always mindful that tires are the weakest link between our coach and the pavement. Therefore I'm willing to pay the extra $$$ for quality tires.

Presently I run Bridgestone tires on our coach with zero issues in the past 17 years, (Knock on wood)

Good luck with your choice of tires and safe travels...:):)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 on the above
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

HPYHILM
Explorer
Explorer
Run the Double coins on the drive axle and toyos on the steer axle.
Hpyhilm
NW Washington
2008 Monaco Knight 38PDQ

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
When it comes to tires on our coach, I'm always mindful that tires are the weakest link between our coach and the pavement. Therefore I'm willing to pay the extra $$$ for quality tires.

Presently I run Bridgestone tires on our coach with zero issues in the past 17 years, (Knock on wood)

Good luck with your choice of tires and safe travels...:):)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
The problem I see with all of these import tires is lack of quality assurance, most of them are just fine, however they simply don't do the level of internal quality control testing that most of the major brands do, so all it takes is one bad batch of rubber to slip through and you have thousands of people having major problems.

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
I know a lot of truckers that have used Double Coin tires with success. It is not like Michelin and Goodyear are without problems.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Bruce_Brown
Double Coin has a decent reputation, I wouldn't "not" consider them. Lots of them on the road for a lot of years.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
wvabeer wrote:
sometimes cheap doesn't always mean bad. Sometimes.

And bad doesn't always mean cheap..