cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toronto Parking Help

jwhawkes
Explorer
Explorer
I would like information on parking for a visit to Hockey Hall of Fame. I am Class C with a requirement of 11 feet height. , What is available ?. Thank you
9 REPLIES 9

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yorkdale is jammed every time I drive by, which, fortunately, isn't very often.

dlr33
Explorer
Explorer
Park at Fairview Mall on Sheppard Ave west of Woodbine and take the subway. Or check if there is parking available at the York Mills subway station, south east corner of York Mills and Yonge Street, and then take the subway. The common denominator is the subway - it would be zany to drive an RV in downtown Toronto. Be sure to check if you might save a couple of bucks by buying a day pass or a family pass on the subway.

Just occurred to me: there's a municipal campground in the east end on Kingston Road called 'Glen Rouge' which might be convenient. From there you could drive a bit east to the Pickering GO station and park at the mall, or west to either the Rouge station or Guildwood or a bit farther to Scarborough, depending on which seems to have parking available - that's a commuter train line and the lots fill quickly and early. If you've driven that far west you're just as far ahead to park at the Warden subway station which always seems to have lots of parking for only $4 or so.

Forget about that campground, might be a KOA, which bills itself as 'Toronto west' - you might as well commute from Florida.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
rwbradley wrote:
I agree with JaxDad, use transit, but I am not sure Yorkdale is the best place. That mall is horrendous on the best days.

My choice would be for the East end, park at Pickering Town Center, the mall not too busy to be able to find parking for a big trailer. Park in the back of the mall near the hwy 401 and walk across the bridge to the Pickering Go Train station.

I also agree parking anywhere downtown would be a bad idea especially due to PanAm games, even now things are getting busy. The lots near Cherry Beach, probably the best place to park a big vehicle in downtown are now full of thousands of new GM cars for the athletes/VIP's to use during the games. Try finding parking for a big trailer in Manhattan... same idea not easy.

Yorkdale has enough parking for the worst of Christmas shopping congestion. I'd hardly think the rest of the year comes anywhere near to that.

What big trailer? The OP quite clearly stated they're driving a Class C m/h.

You don't really believe GM is paying to park 1000's of vehicles downtown (at $30 / day?) a month before the games start when they have 100's of acres of parking at their own facilities 20 minutes away do you?

What part of Ontario do you live in anyways?

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been to Toronto for 2 weeks now but it is a fun city with a lot to do. Use the public trans whenever possible. Take your walking shoes.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

jwhawkes
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for taking time to answer my question. Your thoughts have clarified the quandary as I have never visited Toronto.

Thanks again folks.

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with JaxDad, use transit, but I am not sure Yorkdale is the best place. That mall is horrendous on the best days. I would consider Go Transit on the Lakeshore route. Park somewhere west Oakville, Burlington etc or east of the city Pickering, Whitby etc and take the Go Train into Union Station. My choice would be for the East end, park at Pickering Town Center, the mall not too busy to be able to find parking for a big trailer. Park in the back of the mall near the hwy 401 and walk across the bridge to the Pickering Go Train station. The Hall of Fame is right across the street from Union Station. I also agree parking anywhere downtown would be a bad idea especially due to PanAm games, even now things are getting busy. The lots near Cherry Beach, probably the best place to park a big vehicle in downtown are now full of thousands of new GM cars for the athletes/VIP's to use during the games. Try finding parking for a big trailer in Manhattan... same idea not easy.
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Where will you be staying with the C in the Toronto area. That way you could get directions on public transportation. If you can come in on the subway/Go Train/Go Bus it is an easy walk from the main Union Station to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

There are some above ground parking lots, just south of the Sky Dome on Queen's Quay (I have seen C motorhomes parked there before). But as others have said try to avoid driving to Toronto. You could also check out Ontario Place parking on Lakeshore just west of Skydome. Ontario Place is closed but I think parking is still open. Lots of room there and then cab to where you want to go.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Driving in downtown Toronto will be no less difficult than finding parking will be.

I would highly recommend you consider using the excellent public transit system in Toronto instead. It's very clean, safe and will be a bargain compared to trying to drive / park downtown. The subway comes up into the Yorkdale Shopping Mall (Hwy 401 at Dufferin Street) which makes it easy on / easy off. There are several others that are similar in the Toronto area also.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Parking in downtown Toronto is not the best for cars and definitely not cheap. Most lots are underground or in towers that have height limits of about 2 metres (6-7 feet) and a lot are designed for smaller vehicles, some have width restrictions as well.
Your best chance would be at Exhibition Place Exhibition Place Parking. This will be further complicated by the PanAm Games July 10 -26 ParaPanAm Games Aug 7 - 15 and Finally the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) Aug 21 - Sept 7.

Good Luck Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.