Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tow system

beeman1
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2001 Gulf Stream Conquest Ford Super duty v10 450. Need to
know what a complete towing system for this unit would be. Base plate for Mazda B3000 2wd p/u . Tow bar and braking.:h
3 REPLIES 3

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
most of what you need will be available on craigslist to save $$. The baseplates you need to determine the brand you want/need based on above procurement.

I have seen big buck items for pretty cheap. I have a setup for my elantra where I got the baseplates thru camp world and they had a discount program to install. The baseplates were about $150 more than off the net but the install price made up for it. When you add the install at a aftermarket look at $75-100/hr to install. The baseplates for my ranger (a 94) are simple and straight forward. I did see a baseplate at a wrecking yard in Yuma when I looked for a late model like yours so do a search of rv/salvage yards and see what is available. towbars normally down to less than $200 so could find somewheres and maybe get someone to inspect and send to ya as an option.

Just some ideas to consider.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
$1800 if you get the ReadyBrute Elite tow bar the has a built in brake system. This includes the tow bar, base plate, cables/chains, electrical hookup. Any of the other tow bars that do not have it, will cost you another $1000 for a separate brake system. This is only if you do the installation. If you have someone else do it, you can probably add another grand. Not cheap!

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It would be around $2000.
Only manual transmission is towable. You did not say what year!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker