cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Channel RV Show

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Bret Michaels from Poison will have a RV series "Rock my RV" starting May 26th on the Travel Channel.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
43 REPLIES 43

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
If I wanted my motorhome remodeled, I'd take it back to its birthplace for that kind of work. http://www.foretraveloftexas.com/pdf/Foretravel_Remod_Ad_7_08.pdf
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
whomever described him as a has been rock star w/ eye makeup and botox was spot on! I about cracked up as that describes this dude to a T! still waiting for our 'perfect rv show'..

you all are great! I love this forum!!!
Janet N Texas

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
I saw the previews and decided not to watch. After reading the posts above I am now glad I didn't waste my time.

Safe Travels.

JD
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
I was disappointed at the show...

Fitting 3 months of remodeling into ~ 20 minutes of air time is unrealistic and unreasonable...too much is missed as to how things are done

I had high hopes for the show but alas did not turn out...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
.......When Brett Michaels blurted out I want four slides I almost pissed my pants. Long time rver that don't know jack about rvs.

Thing is he said something like "I want 4 POP OUTS not 4 slides. Total turn off.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
LLT wrote:
RV-1/2n-FUN wrote:
Long time RVer wanting 4 pop-outs installed and all the other stuff, :h :S

Waste of my short time watching it.

Yep. Wanting to put granite and 4 slides in an already overloaded gasser. Interest lost!

Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. ๐Ÿ˜ž

X2.... What year was that Southwind I didn't catch that it looked to be like a 1996? On a P30 bread truck chassis. When Brett Michaels blurted out I want four slides I almost pissed my pants. Long time rver that don't know jack about rvs.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Another feeble attempt to entertain the masses with an unrealistic show.:Z
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

LLT
Explorer
Explorer
RV-1/2n-FUN wrote:

Yep. Wanting to put granite and 4 slides in an already overloaded gasser. Interest lost!

Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528
2007 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cb

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
timetraveler wrote:
Also, I believe Australia has a Winnabago and a Jayco factory. Jayco sponsors horse racing there

You nearly got it right.Winnebago is now Avida and has NOTHING to do with the US Winnebago.Jayco is affiliated but not part of US Jayco. The Australian Company was founded by Gerry Ryan who buys parts from US Jayco(cheaper), but has some very different models. outside of that it is pretty different in how it operates. He is not a Horse Racing Sponsor but a Bicycling and Motorsport sponsor. He also has a bigger Business making animatronics for Movie Studios, Theme Parks and Stage Shows
Australian Jayco Optimum Motorhome

AVIDA Longreach formerly Winnebago. They are looking at doing a new 40ft Class A plus another largish Class A

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember that these shows are sponsored, and it is the sponsors that really determine what goes on and what gets shown, and the shows are generally tailored to who and what the sponsors think is their target audience, as well as what they think they can sell, or try to sell, to that audience.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

timetraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Also, I believe Australia has a Winnabago and a Jayco factory. Jayco sponsors horse racing there.

timetraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone remember 'Trailer LIfe' from Trailer Life Magazine? Don't remember what channel. We were in Australia for 4 yrs., got back last Oct. and they had an RV show called 'Caravan and Motorhome', it was great, no over the top junk like here. They hire hosts to travel all over Australia and show caravan parks and free camping off the grid also. They show safety tips, tech tips, cooking, etc. Great show. Go to caravanandmotorhome.com.au. As for last nights show I don't like waste and breaking perfectly useable interiors, etc..

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something like "This Old RV" would be great.

How to..How not to..Don't do...
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.