Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trek vs. Police cars

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
From the Seattle P-I this morning:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Underwear-only-driver-leads-cops-on-wild-5527815.php

I have a hard time understanding how the guy thought he could outrun police and fire vehicles in what looks like a 30' Trek, probably with that way underpowered Isuzu diesel engine.

I don't know how to make the link clickable.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)
23 REPLIES 23

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I have to admit, I'm impressed with the construction used in building that Trek! It went up over a curb, thru a garage, then over a fence, then hit 2 are 3 cars. And the driver was O.K.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
frankdamp wrote:
I have a hard time understanding how the guy thought he could outrun police and fire vehicles in what looks like a 30' Trek, probably with that way underpowered Isuzu diesel engine.

First, the link clicked, some forum software upgrades are making it easier to make clickable links. (A real upgrade in my opinion)

Second. The man did not THINK he could outrun the police, in fact he did not THINK at all, My best guess without burning up valuable bandwidth is that he turned his brain off by chemical means (Drugs, such as MJ, Booze or something nastier) and thus was not capable of thinking.

Have seen it many times.. Worst was a man in a brand new company van (Electrical service company, electrician's van) ran from police for many many miles.. Ran over stop strips, all 4 tires flat, Kept running, rims throwing up sparks which ignighted the van, Kept on running, finally van died,, THey had to fight him to get him out of the burning van, he now has 3rd degree burns and a couple troopers are a bit singed as well, They had to MACE him and finally they got him cuffed and into an ambulance... last I heard the doctors were still working on the ever growing list of chemical additives he'd added to his system.. all nasty ones I might add.

I was dispatcher on that chase.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dog Folks wrote:
Anyone whom tries to outrun the police is certainly not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

You may outrun one police car, but you will never outrun a police radio.

You have to admit, criminals lack of smarts makes them easy to catch. (Of course there a few exceptions)

Actually, in many jurisdictions you don't even have to worry about out running the radio. Police aren't allowed to chase people in cars or motorhomes because it's too dangerous according to some. Of course the fact that now crooks flee in cars about 20 times more often than they used to doesn't ever seem to be considered when Chief's make those decisions.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone whom tries to outrun the police is certainly not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

You may outrun one police car, but you will never outrun a police radio.

You have to admit, criminals lack of smarts makes them easy to catch. (Of course there a few exceptions)
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good bet he's a meth head .. Tweaker.. Has nothing, is impossible to sue because he has nothing. He'll spend some time in jail until he gets out, to start again. Logic is not high on these peoples skill set .. The drugs take any of that they may have had away ( wearing only underwear... Right!) guess that's why it's important to have good insurance. Sigh
Bill

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
"You cant fix stupid"
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
These guys who flee from cops usually are already wanted for other crimes. Now, in addition to theft of motorhome, he can add evading arrest, reckless driving, and can be sued for damages to cars he struck and maybe for injuries to at least one person.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Seriously?
Someone wearing only underwear steals a motorhome, crashes it and runs into someone's house and your concern is how he thought he could outrun the police. 🙂

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro