cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turtle Top class b, any owners out there?

Shoalster
Explorer
Explorer
So.....are there Turtle Top owners who can comment?
8 REPLIES 8

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
the titan is clearly a turtletop twwin to the roadtrek 200 'class b'

the titans have a better shell than the rt 200, and the rear duallys offer a superior ride and handling
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Shoalster
Explorer
Explorer
401nailhead wrote:
Our 1996 Coachmen was actually advertised as a Turtle Top by the dealer selling it used. I had never figured out the exact definition of a Turtle Top. Is it a manufacture and brand name, or a style in general?

Turtle top is a particular manufacturer or brand. They quit making class b's but they still make small transport Vehicles as far as I know. Coincidentally, I was browsing Class B's and I saw a Coachmen or Horizon, I can't remember which, that was advertised as a turtle top. Some people use the term Turtle Top generically to describe a high top van, which is misleading to a buyer. There's a similar thing about the word Winnebago. For a long time a lot of people called an RV (no matter what brand) a Winnebago. The word Winnebago became synonymous with all RV's no matter what brand.

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1996 Coachmen was actually advertised as a Turtle Top by the dealer selling it used. I had never figured out the exact definition of a Turtle Top. Is it a manufacture and brand name, or a style in general?

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
do an archive search for mr zippy (and previously McZipp.)

he had a turtletop that he custom designed as a sharp B+

great west vans had a B+ -- Titan -- that sure looked likeTT built the shell

the original pleasureway pursuit B+ had floorplan identical tp titan

just like the LTV Serenity shell comes from the Michigan builder of the highly touted Xplorer "B" (not at all built in the original dodge van shell)
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Shoalster
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
Turtle Tops were manufactured in the 80s and 90s. I don't remember ever seeing a post on them but if you do an advanced search on RV.net with the options noted in yellow below, you will find posts on Turtle Tops.

Very little info on this site...thanks

Shoalster
Explorer
Explorer
I'd buy a RT 170 but the prices have shot way up over the last several years,out of my price range.
The only thing similar is the Xplorer 18' Mur low top class b with basement ac, genset, extreme dropped floor etc but they are rarer than the RT 170. I'd prefer the Xplorer over the RT because it is more aerodynamic.

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi--for what it is worth, my advice is to keep looking for the Roadtrek 17'. We just bought our RT 170P a few months ago and love it! We have been full-time for 22 years and have had everything from A-C and everything in between. This is our second "B" and we bought it to use as our only daily driver with the ability to camp in as we travel. It fits the bill quite nicely. The three-way refer works as it should, but if you run on 12 volt, it doesn't leave much to charge your house battery as you drive. Sleeping might be a challenge as you sleep side to side and it measures 6' 2". If you are single, the front seat also converts and is a little longer. Nice to have all the amenities of a larger coach which is as easy to drive and park as a car. 16-18 mpg doesn't hurt either! Good luck in your search.
chartrue2@aol.com

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle Tops were manufactured in the 80s and 90s. I don't remember ever seeing a post on them but if you do an advanced search on RV.net with the options noted in yellow below, you will find posts on Turtle Tops.

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -