cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV system

darbyjudy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a problem with the cable TV hook up in my 2004 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager motor home. It has a hook up in the rear compartment labeled cable t v and also one labeled Sat t v. When the dish was mounted on the roof an A B switch was installed so I could choose to either use the roof top dish or a portable one if I was in the trees. Well every since that was done whenever I hook to cable t v the picture is snowy. Also the rear t v has to see the same channel as the front one, for the rear TV is the original and does not have a box or receiver. I would like to find a diagram of how this system should be hooked up. Does anyone have one?
2004 Gulf Stream 36 ft Sun Voyager triple slide
Workhorse W22 8.1
2004 Saturn VUE w/stowmaster towbar
Two Ole Pharts & One Little CocaPoo named Cuddles
4 REPLIES 4

Taxman2004
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite is right on. I did exactly the same thing last week. With that booster on it interferes with the cable signal. Couldn't even get all the channels on cable on my channel search. Turned off the booster, did another channel search and magic. Crystal clear cable.
Jim McManus

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure that you have the OTA TV power supply turned off if you want to watch Cable. Both signals come into the same wall plate. With the power on (light lit) you watch OTA TV. With the power off (light not illuminated) you should be able to watch Cable. Using the satellite connection should only be used when you have a ground mounted satellite TV antenna and the output would be to a satellite TV receiver.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
A snowy pic could also mean a loose connection. So you may have the right wire and a loose connection somewhere. I fought a snowy picture for months until I went around and tightened all the connections with pliers. Great picture now.
2013 ACE 29.2

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't think you will find one. You can tone each cable out, or ohm it out and label them as you go. The a/b switch just lets you use one or the other. Just hook up a source to either cable in the compartment and found which cable runs to it. Have fun