cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used 3126b engine

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a good running 3126b 8yl rv diesel in the Pacific northwest area? The one in my rv has a dusted cylinder and so I need to replace it. CAT wants about $32-34k to replace it with what they called a running engine which sounds like a long block as they will use the external accesories from mine.
I was thinking of just selling it as is, but I can't morally do that, unlike the dealer I bought it from and the previous owner. If I sell it as is and disclose thre problem, then I'll go upside down.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)
19 REPLIES 19

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
You mine like this??

Cat
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Let google be your friend. There seems to be a lot of them on E-BAY. A lot of school buses used that engine.
http://rvchassisparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/f/caterpillardieselmotors.pl?

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
You can't re-sleave this engine. Believe me if you could I would have had it done aiready.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
First off sorry to hear of your trouble.That is a big labor job whichever way you go with it.I don't think that engine can be sleeved. It is a non sleeve engine.

I would look at the truck wreckers in the state and see what they may have. they were a popular engine in the medium duty trucks.

There is the rv wrecker that I have seen online vision Rv or something like that. Try to google it. They sell complete used engines from RV's with probably lower mileage.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
What is wrong with re sleaving the cylinder. I'm not a diesel expert but heard that can be done.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie